Mercedes me Adapter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dad4geer

Car
W204 C180 AMG Sport
Hi all, I sent an email to my local Mercedes dealer today to book a time slot and get this adapter installed. I was surprsied to receive following response..

//

[FONT=&quot]The Mercedes Me adapter isn’t being released by MB until the beginning part of 2017, we will have lot more information of compatibility and fitting times once Mercedes makes the release.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For some reason Mercedes have sent letters to all their customers saying they can have it fitted without actually having the adapter available for sale.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sorry I could not be of more help at this time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]//[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I remember people telling us about this adapter on this forum but how did they get it installed when it is not even in UK and due to release some time in 2017? Has anyone got it installed in UK? :confused:

From memory, I think it was someone on here trying to get the adapter fitted to a uk car in Holand. Again from memory I think the dealer said no.

I received a e-mail from MB Norway a week ago where they offer me a free me adapter. Went to the dealer to have it inatalled. They linked the adapters serial number with my cars chassis number. Since then nothing has happened. My phone connects to the adapter just fine, but I get no info from the car. Called Mercedes today, and they told me to call the dealer... Called the dealer who said Mercedes is having major server problems so the system is basically down because so many i the western europe are mounting these adapters now. Hope it doesn't take too long before it is up and running.

The adaptor is available now, online and from your dealer.
I know someone who had there's delivered yesterday, and said it really is plug and play. I also know Teesside and Newcastle Mercedes have them in stock.

If your dealer has charged you £150 you need to B on the phone to them asap!
They are £45 from the dealer & roughly £39 on eBay

Is this worth having?

It seems that I could have one work on my old smoker but what will it do for me?

Well that looks interesting, as and when anybody gets one fitted and working be interested in feedback and more details. Especially interested in feedback fitted to W211 E320.

Personally I think it's a novelty thing.
The only things you can do with the retrofitted adaptor is the following.
Check fuel level;
Check mileage;
See how long your car has been parked & how long remains on your pay & display.
You can see where your car is parked on a map.
You also have emergency service calls.

All of the above is pointless, checking fuel level is pointless because you have to be in your car to re fuel. I never personally check my mileage unless it's to determine which service I neeed or maybe for a valuation on the car. The whole park & find is stupid, unless you've got a 2 second memory & completely forget where your car is. The part where you can see how longs left on your parking ticket is good, but I've always forget to set it up. Also emergency calls Is pointless for me because I have SOS calls on my comand.

You can decide yourself on if it would be helpful for you.

It's a shame it's not like the factory fitted system that lets you park your car, flash the lights to find it, unlock/lock doors & turn on the heating.

Shame

Personally I think it's a novelty thing.
The only things you can do with the retrofitted adaptor is the following.
Check fuel level;
Check mileage;
See how long your car has been parked & how long remains on your pay & display.
You can see where your car is parked on a map.
You also have emergency service calls.

All of the above is pointless, checking fuel level is pointless because you have to be in your car to re fuel. I never personally check my mileage unless it's to determine which service I neeed or maybe for a valuation on the car. The whole park & find is stupid, unless you've got a 2 second memory & completely forget where your car is. The part where you can see how longs left on your parking ticket is good, but I've always forget to set it up. Also emergency calls Is pointless for me because I have SOS calls on my comand.

You can decide yourself on if it would be helpful for you.

It's a shame it's not like the factory fitted system that lets you park your car, flash the lights to find it, unlock/lock doors & turn on the heating.

Shame

I've decided.

Forgot to mention there's also a reminder you can set for when to fuel up, so you could set a reminder in litres for when you want it to pop up. It also tracks how much You paid for fuel if you put a price in.

OK so out of curiosity have registered on the Mercedes ME portal and downloaded the 'Mercedes Me' App to:

• Windows 10 (x64) desktop machine.
  • Microsoft Surface - the old RT version.
  • Windows phone - Yep its not listed on the MB site but the App is on the Store.

NOTE: The App fails to launch on my Windows phone, apparently this is a known issue, to get the App to launch the phone needs to 'see' a Mercedes Me dongle which I don't have.

You need the Mercedes me adaptor app, not just Mercedes me.
Mercedes me is for factory fitted cars only

Maco said:
Personally I think it's a novelty thing. The only things you can do with the retrofitted adaptor is the following. Check fuel level; Check mileage; See how long your car has been parked & how long remains on your pay & display. You can see where your car is parked on a map. You also have emergency service calls. All of the above is pointless, checking fuel level is pointless because you have to be in your car to re fuel. I never personally check my mileage unless it's to determine which service I neeed or maybe for a valuation on the car. The whole park & find is stupid, unless you've got a 2 second memory & completely forget where your car is. The part where you can see how longs left on your parking ticket is good, but I've always forget to set it up. Also emergency calls Is pointless for me because I have SOS calls on my comand. You can decide yourself on if it would be helpful for you. It's a shame it's not like the factory fitted system that lets you park your car, flash the lights to find it, unlock/lock doors & turn on the heating. Shame

I agree. I did think it would be more than £50 though. I wonder if they'll add more functionality over time?

Also, has anyone on here set this up themselves?

Supposedly most other features need a data connection. So probably not

Very easy, phone call to the Mercedes ME Team and that connects your car up to your online portal and the app.
Plug in the adaptor, and follow the instructions. Basically it just finds a connection with the adaptor and That's it done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom