Mercedes Me Adapter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake
Hi guys,

When I bought the shooting brake the Basingstoke dealer very kindly threw in the Mercedes Me adapter for the OBD port.
It goes in OK and I can connect the phone to it. But when it goes through the process it gets to the vehicle compatibility part and then fails saying that the vehicle isn't compatible.
It's a CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake on a 63 plate. I understand that it's actually an X218.
Mercedes Me site says compatible with "CLS 218, 219 2004 – 09/2014".
https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-me/connectivity/adapter/

Can anyone shed any light on this?

There are two apps, Mercedes Me, and Mercedes Me Adapter. I have them both on the phone at the moment.

I've got a brand new one for sale if anybody wants it. I'd already got one & my daughter bought me one as a present. £30 to a forum member.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My dealer installed mine and only cost
£10
You have to register and I think dealer has to do something as well..... Painless anyway for me as dealer did it all

Its an ODB reader that fits in the ODB socket:

Mercedes_Me_Adapter.jpg

An absolutely useless device that not true Mercedes enthusiast can do without ;)

The process is as follows:

You create a profile online, then link your vehicle to your profile and 'activate' it (in my case activating the vehicle on my profile required a call to the Mercedes Me very helpful support line).

The Mercedes Me Adapter then goes into the ODB socket.

You then download the Mercedes Me App, and pair your mobile phone with the Mercedes Me adapter over Bluetooth.

What happens next is that the Mercedes Me Adapter uploads data to the Mercedes Me server on the Internet (via your mobile phone), including vehicle last parking location, fuel tank capacity, and current mileage reading.

You can then view this data on your phone's App when you are away from your vehicle.

But keep in mind that the Mercedes Me Adapter does not have built-in 3g/4g connectivity, i.e. once you have parked the car and out of the Bluetooth range your car is no longer connected. I.e., you cannot connect to the car once out of range. Not can the car connect to the Internet. Any data you view on the App after you have left the vehicle point is simply the last data uploaded to the Mercedes Me server when the car was parked up.

So if, for example, you parked the car, then your wife took and it drove off with it - and she does not have the Mercedes Me App on her phone - then your own App will still show the car parked where you last left it because the Mercedes Me server will not get updated regarding the vehicle's movements since you parked it. In short it's not a tracker device - it simply logs the car's journeys (as long as your mobile phone is within Bluetooth range).

Said that, the latter is very useful for business users who record their journeys/mileage.

And last, being an ODB reader (and presumably having access to all of the cars system i.e. not just the standard ODBII protocol), if you break down and have Mobilo cover then the Mobile Me adapter will upload any fault codes to the Mobilo help centre, which may help the mobile tech to arrive better prepared.

Last edited:
Ah ha!
I had not completed the sign-up process where you have to accept the terms and conditions.
All connected now.
Thanks guys.

Do u still have this

Thanks

QUOTE=E63AMG;2428218]I've got a brand new one for sale if anybody wants it. I'd already got one & my daughter bought me one as a present. £30 to a forum member.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Is the ME Adapter still for sale

My dealer installed mine and only cost
£10
You have to register and I think dealer has to do something as well..... Painless anyway for me as dealer did it all
Hi,

You need to get the dealership to approve your details online. Once you get the email saying it's activated I would delete the app(s), reinstall and log in again.

Funkster, when you get it ;-) go into the menu and scroll down to settings.
Then look at the Vehicle section where it says Notification Sound at Start of Journey.
Set this to no sound unless you want a daft vrooom noise or a text message noise every time you start the car up.
:D

Do you need to have an adaptor fitted to the car to be able to see your digital service record ?

I´ve done all the process on the official web page, compatibility check was ok, book a device.. then in the Mercedes garage the guy was searching in the Mercedes OASYS system, by VIN and by car´s registration, and he couldn´t find a specific item in my car´s options list.
In the end, I couldn´t get one for me.
I am using an ELM327.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom