Mercedes Me Adaptor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazzabear

Car
2013 C63 estate
I quite fancy giving one of these a try - but given that they're a bit gimmicky, and I think the interest will die out quite quickly, I don't really want to spend the £40 they seem to cost from dealers.

So I wondered if anyone else has one that they've already stopped really using, and would like to sell it on to recoup some money?

I need it for a W204 C class.

Some dealers give them away for free or a reduced cost, so try phoning a few, ideally from different dealer groups.

Not sure whether it still applies but I recall there was a kick back to the dealer for each one registered so some were happy to pass that on.

i had an email from mercedes saying i could collect one free at some event all i had to do was to show then the voucher. will see if i can find it (but i expect i deleted it ) :(

Cheers guys. If you do find the email (or if anyone has a lead for a dealer group that does sell them cheap) please let me know. :)

Cheers guys. If you do find the email (or if anyone has a lead for a dealer group that does sell them cheap) please let me know. :)
MB Brooklands offered me one for £12 over the phone.

I already had it though, purchased online for £35 a couple of months earlier...

I just got an email from MB saying that my car 'told' them a service is due soon - and would I like to book one? Apparently the Mercedes Me Adapter sends info to MB.

So I think that part of their motivation to get people to fit these devices has to do with an anticipated increase in revenue from dealer servicing.

In short... I think that if you phone a few dealers in your area, someone will be willing to sell it to you on the cheap.

I have tried Macclesfield, and that's who quoted me the £40. I'll have to try some others.

Incidentally, the guy there also reckoned that the Me adaptor itself had a sim and phone connection meaning it wouldn't rely on a phone tether (as the car itself does) once it was installed. But I've no idea if he was correct.

I have tried Macclesfield, and that's who quoted me the £40. I'll have to try some others.

Incidentally, the guy there also reckoned that the Me adaptor itself had a sim and phone connection meaning it wouldn't rely on a phone tether (as the car itself does) once it was installed. But I've no idea if he was correct.

I don't think so.

AFAIK The Mercedes Me Adapter relies on Bluetooth connection to your mobile phone.

From mid-2013, MB cars ere fitted with a KOM module that has a built-in simcard.

But I doubt that there's aversion of the Amerced Me Adapter with built-in simcard.

I would be great if there was though..... :(

Yeah, it didn't sound right to me either, based on our previous conversations on here. And he didn't sound 100% sure on it to be fair!

Mine was FoC from my local dealer who even set it up for me.

The adaptor does not send any data to Mercedes.....dealers will know when a service is due from their records.

...The adaptor does not send any data to Mercedes.....dealers will know when a service is due from their records.

The wording of the email I received from Mercedes said:

"We have recently received an automatic notification from your vehicle..."

I assumed this email was triggered by the Mercedes Me Adapter as the Mercedes Me app was also showed at the same time '30 days...' and was offering me to book a service etc.

Have had a look but sorry cant find it :( will keep looking just incase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom