mercedes me app and adaptor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyg1987

Car
CLS63AMG, C63AMG Gone but not forgotten
Has anyone tried installing the mercedes me app on their phone and also the adaptor on their car? apparently its free from mercedes, the obd adaptor is constantly plugged into the obd port.

what do you guys think of it?

Got it a few weeks back.
It's 'OK' - the authorisation and enablement had to be done at my local MB dealership- their service manager actually installed it and sorted it out with me- no charge.
I say it's 'OK' for what it does it may not be worth it for some folk.
Mine gives me location, parking timer, fuel and battery level and a mileage log, as well as fill up cost (provided you input the price). So quite neat.
Unfortunately my 2014 car set up wont let me have information on the lock status of the car, nor remote locking.
I just had an Autowatch Ghost fitted Friday however which is an untraceable immobiliser so I'm less bothered.
So in summary for me, the £30 ish quid I paid for it is probably worth it
Oh to get it enabled you have to go to the dealership with the V5 and photo ID, just in case you dont pick up on that elsewhere....

Got it a few weeks back.
It's 'OK' - the authorisation and enablement had to be done at my local MB dealership- their service manager actually installed it and sorted it out with me- no charge.
I say it's 'OK' for what it does it may not be worth it for some folk.
Mine gives me location, parking timer, fuel and battery level and a mileage log, as well as fill up cost (provided you input the price). So quite neat.
Unfortunately my 2014 car set up wont let me have information on the lock status of the car, nor remote locking.
I just had an Autowatch Ghost fitted Friday however which is an untraceable immobiliser so I'm less bothered.
So in summary for me, the £30 ish quid I paid for it is probably worth it
Oh to get it enabled you have to go to the dealership with the V5 and photo ID, just in case you dont pick up on that elsewhere....

I activated mine over the phone with the Mercedes Connect Me helpdesk - their number is on the leaflet inside the box. They were very helpful BUT it takes 24 hours for the activation to work.

Mine was also set up at the dealer. Works a treat . remote locking is very handy....

A bit off topic but this was something I was thinking about getting fitted- a review after a few days/weeks would be appreciated if you find the time :thumb:

Does this tell you what speed the car is travelling at?

Does this tell you what speed the car is travelling at?

No, with the OBDII adaptor the app only shows three things: locations travelled, fuel amount remaining, and total vehicle mileage.

Last edited:
Mine was also set up at the dealer. Works a treat . remote locking is very handy....

Do you have remote locking through the OBDII adaptor? Or is your car a newer model already equipped with Mercedes Me Connect from the factory thus not requiring an OBDII adaptor to work?

AUTOWATCH ghost

Will do....

As promised a week in...
- you wouldnt know it was there when you are in it with your iphone/ automatically and individually encrypted ease of use
- deliberately tried to drive off when I'd left my phone at home without using the preset pin, and it did exactly what it was supposed to- that is when you move out of Park it stalls
- set it in 'service' mode to test it out- used that pin combination and it worked fine. Also tested out the 'over 30mph' part, where if you exceed that for 3 minutes the nest time you go to restart the car you must enter the secret pin combination. This also works perfectly. The bit I'm not sure about is when I leave the car at the airport- will it be ok to be moved (under 30) for several days when in service mode? That's my next question to Autowatch.
Summary so far: glad I bought it I have some peace of mind which I hope still will never be tested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom