Mercedes me app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Well what a pile of poo.

Feckin hopeless in my view, considering the brand that it is meant to represent.

Everything about it disappoints. From a tortuous log in that requires a password far more complex than my bank, together with one of those "type in the chracaters" in the box which can be very ambiguous ....

And once you are in you wonder why.

Is it just me?

Can someone that rates this facility please tell me if I'm missing something ...

I want it to work, truly I do......

PS My car, on the other hand, is amazing. And that's what counts ...

Marc

There are a couple of things you need to do before it will work.
(Im assuming you haven't - apologies if you have!)

1. Register your VIN against your account. I did this using the website.

2. Contact your dealer and have him activate Mercedes Me for you. It simply wont work until you do this.

It works fine for me. I can check the fuel and fluid levels in the car remotely, check the tyre pressures, see where the car is, track it, remotely lock/open the doors, etc

Hope this helps!

I found registering really easy, I just need to go to a dealer to finish off the setup process.

Not sure how many features will be available on my 2015 E Class though.

My dealer said my car mustn't be able to do it as it won't link? Can anyone confirm this? I don't know a great deal about it.

I have a 2015 CLS which has been properly registered/activated by Dealer etc but still no luck.

Status (via phone) shows 11 services activating but it has been like this for a couple of weeks. A visit to the Dealer on Mercedes Technical's recommendation has not changed anything beyond a schematic of a car with a wifi type symbol above, appearing in the main display.

Overall I'm pretty dissapointed with the lack of knowledge being exhibited by Mercedes Technical and the Dealer. No one can tell me what the car symbol means and as yet there is no firm action plan to resolve. The CLS 350 is my first ever Mercedes, normally I drive vehicles from other German manufacturers, whilst I am enjoying the car which drives well, the technical support is absolutely the worst I have experienced.

Any suggestions or tips are most welcome.

I had exactly the same situation with my new 2015 E300 Hybrid.
Eventually contacted Mercedes on the help & contact page of the Mercedes Me website.
Soon after I got a call from Mercedes UK who told me that the car had to go in to the dealer for a couple of hours. They needed to know which dealer I used as they (Merc UK) had to give the dealership specific instructions for resolving the problem. All went smoothly. After the work was done, I logged into my account whilst still in the dealership an lo and behold, I saw my fuel level, tyre pressures etc etc. Got home and played with the app and I can track the car, find it if I forget where it is parked, lock/unlock the doors etc. Very impressive.
By the way, the little car symbol with radio waves shows that the car is communicationg with the navigation's Traffic system. Are you now getting traffic information when you weren't before?
Well worth getting this sorted out.

Hi Mulberry,
Fascinating thanks for sharing
I have a e220 due in August

In my Father's bmw 5 series his sos has a separate SIM card so the sos is always active and you can send destinations and data to the car any time and it shows up even if there is no phone is paired.

Does the latest e class have its own SIM card too ?
Does Mercedes me work with no phone paired?

Sorry if this is dumb question as I saw some older e classes saying sos active because phone not paired.

Some documentation implies you need a phone paired for mercades me to work and other implies it has its own SIM card.

I was just wondering how the latest e class is working ?

With a phone pairing or with its own SIM card in the car
Thanks Paul.

The short answer is "both". I have just come to Merc from BMW, which had it's own sim card for all the cars connectivity needs.
The Merc also has it's own sim, but it is used (as far as I can tell) only for emergency SOS and for traffic information. Both of these work without the need for a paired phone. For all other connectivity applications within the car, a paired phone is a necessity.

Hi Mulberry,
Ah ok that makes sense now thanks very much for taking the time to explain thanks Paul

Hi Mulberry,
Thanks for the info. The Dealer already carried out the updates outlined in the relevant Technical Bulletin with no success.

I have just received a call from the Dealer (at 16:15) to advise that Mercedes Technical have been in contact with Germany and some "new" software needs to be written. My background is in the computer industry so I'm kinda surprised that some cars seem OK but others with the same software installed in the vehicle have a problem.

At least it sounds like the right people may finally be involved. I'll post an update when I hear something concrete.

I have just had the new software patch and all is now well.

I did think the car symbol with wifi was actually the tracker .... as I've just activated it whereas previously the traffic facility through TOm Tom did not display this.

I proudly demonstrated to my Mrs the App, where I can see how much petrol I have, mpg, mileage, mileage to next service, and unlock the car remotely. To say she was utterly unimpressed is an understatement :)

I'm sure it'll evolve. I have to say though it's been shocking hardwork, but nt as hard work as using the Internet facility on the tablet without a keyboard ........

Hopefully the new software patch works in order to keep traffic alarms working and previously it was not working .....

When it does, it's amazing. Did yu know it tracks Vodafone users, and can tell when users are stationery in traffic. This data is transmitted to Tom Tom, who then pass it onto your car. Amazing really, and very real time

Marc

Did yu know it tracks Vodafone users, and can tell when users are stationery in traffic. This data is transmitted to Tom Tom, who then pass it onto your car. Amazing really, and very real time

Marc

I have used TomTom Traffic for many years and it's a great system - certainly a zillion years ahead of the pile of poo TMC that my Volvo uses.

Well it appears the technical pixies from Mercedes visited my car when I was sleeping on Tuesday night!

The full Connect Me functionality is now available via my and my wife's phone. Looks like no software rewrite was required as suspected. It is interesting to play with but not sure how much I will actually use.

I also had some other good news from my Dealer regarding the Satnav. My CLS (and their demo vehicle) had an incomplete postcode database installed with as many as 30% of postcodes missing for my area. I'm pretty sure that is a widespread problem.

Anyway, a new release of Satnav Software is available so I need to pop in to the Dealer and have it loaded. It will be excellent to finally have a Satnav which I can actually rely on.

Thanks to all for helpful comments regarding Connect Me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom