Mercedes Me retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you travel on business it can be useful because it records and refuelling automatically. Other than that it doesn't really do very much yet. Still worth having for what it costs though, and maybe more features will come later.

Just had mine done at MB Dartford, it was FOC, but took a while longer than planned.

TIP - make sure you update to the latest IOS as the app cannot see the adapter otherwise
Took a while to update so do this beforehand.

I've had the Mercedes Me on my 2012 CLS for some time, I bought the Mercedes adapter off ebay from Germany and then just went to the dealer to activate it, anyone with an adapter was able to activate from March 2016 but this was kept quiet lol. I did suffer crashes, lags and problems because of compatibility :-(

I am a bit disappointed with the features, it would have been good if they could at least have engine oil, Tyre pressure monitoring and brake lining which doesn't require anything and is possible because they do it with the star diagnostic equipment through ODB. Oh well all we can do is wait I guess :-(

Does it have to be done by MB themselves?

Does it have to be done by MB themselves?

You have to ask the dealer to register your car and associate it with your Mercedes Me account, so you can prove you own the car. But you can install and set it up yourself. It was a PITA though. Should have, and could have been much simpler.

I looked into this today as well as the information in the thread , I think it can also provide the telematics on the car back to MB speed where you was etc!
Check out the detail when you always just tick terms and conditions(1of11 areas you could opt out of). "Do we ever read it"! iPhone updates
Is it big brother watching how you drive the car etc if they need the feedback on the car e.g an accident with the vehicle

Mercedes me app latest update 15 December 2016

andyb1963 said:
I looked into this today as well as the information in the thread , I think it can also provide the telematics on the car back to MB speed where you was etc! Check out the detail when you always just tick terms and conditions(1of11 areas you could opt out of). "Do we ever read it"! iPhone updatesdde31 Is it big brother watching how you drive the car etc if they need the feedback on the car e.g an accident with the vehicle

Most of that is just so it's compatible with functions on the phone, I.e Instagram needing access to your photos and album etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom