Mercedes me..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dad4geer

Car
W204 C180 AMG Sport
I am new to this so need some guidance..

I liked the idea of having an app installed and then keeping an eye on so many things remotely. I have registered for the account etc, app downloaded and installed but did not get time to visit a service center yet for that adapter thing. I was just thinking is it really a good idea to get all this installed and then having Mercedes keeping an eye on all my data? if even a tiny thing will go wrong they will contact me to get it serviced or changed? Obviously I will have to believe whatever they say..Do all Merc owners normally use this service? any drawbacks?

I've downloaded the app, says the car needs registering by dealer. Guess that should of been sorted at point of sale?

I've downloaded the app, says the car needs registering by dealer. Guess that should of been sorted at point of sale?

My car is a 2nd hand and not brand new so I will have to go to a dealer to get the adapter fitted but for a brand new car I wud think it 'd come factory fitted if you were given the option of mercedes me? I am not sure about this..

My car is a 2nd hand and not brand new so I will have to go to a dealer to get the adapter fitted but for a brand new car I wud think it 'd come factory fitted if you were given the option of mercedes me? I am not sure about this..
No

There isn't an adaptor as such. The dealer has access to the Mercedes back office system. On this they can enable your car to use the Mercedes Me system. If your car is owned by a leasing company then you need the company's permission to use Mercedes Me. In my case I bought the car, new, from the dealer so it wasn't an issue.

When I picked up the car from the dealer they asked a few questions, like how would you like us to contact you, and then they enabled various options on screen. What you need to understand is that there is a big difference between the Mercedes Me web application and the iPhone app (I don't know anything about the Android app).

On the iPhone app you can see the state of things in the car like next service due, fuel level, is it locked, state of brake linings, fluid levels etc. However, if you log onto the web portal there are much more useful things like enabling the car to be heated or cooled before you start the journey, geofencing (if the car moves more than X metres then send me a message) vehicle tracking if stolen, where is the nearest charging point etc.

I only picked up my C350e a couple of weeks ago and I am still learning about its features, but I am pleased with it.

Charging Point ^^ lol
Dealer contacted me today asked for DOB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom