Mercedes Owners Clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmball

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi R8 V10+ & BMW M5
Hi all....

Are any of you members what I believe are the two main Owners Clubs in the UK:

- The official 'Mercedes Approved' one - Mercedes-Benz-Club UK

- The unoffical one - Mercedes-Club.Org

If so, is one better than the other and is there any worth in joining both?

Thanks

Andrew

I'm a member of the official one. Its far better value for money - you get a quality magazine and access to WIS, ASRA, EPC.

The "other one" has a magazine, which you can get for free online, but its not a patch on the official Gazette. Think of it as Mercedes Enthusiast Lite - barely skims the surface and ain't much more than a collection of press releases. i presume you mean: http://mercedesclub.org.uk/

The unofficial one is cheaper than the official club, but for the extra roughly £10 more its absolutely worth the extra expenditure as you get so much more with the official club.

IMO, there is no question. Join the official club.

Last edited:
I am a forum member of the unofficial place. Its a good forum, different to here.

All I know is that although I am not a member of the official place, everyone I know who is recommends it and doesn't say its a waste of money so I'd join. I keep meaning to and never get round to it.

I'm a member of the official one. Its far better value for money - you get a quality magazine and access to WIS, ASRA, EPC.

The "other one" has a magazine, which you can get for free online, but its not a patch on the official Gazette. Think of it as Mercedes Enthusiast Lite - barely skims the surface and ain't much more than a collection of press releases. i presume you mean: : : Mercedes-Benz Owners : :

The unofficial one is cheaper than the official club, but for the extra roughly £10 more its absolutely worth the extra expenditure as you get so much more with the official club.

IMO, there is no question. Join the official club.

Seconded. The Gazette and access to WIS, EPC online makes it worth it simply for that, but its so much more. Join the official club!

I'm told that mercedesclub.org.uk was established by the ex-publishers of the official club magazine when they lost the contract. They used their old subscription list to get it started.

I'm also told that a number of official club members use the MBClub forum because the activity on the official club site is minimal.

I'm told that mercedesclub.org.uk was established by the ex-publishers of the official club magazine when they lost the contract. They used their old subscription list to get it started.

I'm also told that a number of official club members use the MBClub forum because the activity on the official club site is minimal.

I am a member of the official club, just to clarify, it's the online forum activity that is minimal.

The club is far more than just a web forum with many events and meetings etc.

They are a great pains to emphasize they are real people belonging to a real club.

Most of the people I've dealt with here are real people. Couple of aliens too but what are you gonna do?

Great replies from all - thanks!

The good news is that I am already a member of the official MB club...didn't want to mention that before I got some responses!! Its good if very focussed on the older Mercedes which personally doesn't bother me - I would actually love to own an older one in addition to my new one! If only I could find a really good 190E 2.5 16 as I just don't have the time to do any restoration and I'm a perfectionist!

I don't visit the forum on the official MB owners club forum at all...not sure why, I'm quite happy and seem to get all my kicks on this one :D

I picked up the magazine for the unofficial club in MB Central Birmingham the other day and it looked OK...although I agree that it does seem to be a collection of press releases. As I like reading about other peoples' experiences, I was wondering if it was actually worth joining that one too given the minimal cost??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom