Mercedes R171 SLK - Air Scarf Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tals

Car
Mercedes SLK 300
Hi

Had a 2010 SLK for a couple of years and love the Air Scarf System. A week ago it stopped working. So I press the button to start the Air Scarf - the button lights turn on, then a few seconds later the button lights turns off.

I spoke to my Mercedes garage and they quote £140 per hour to investigate - coming from Honda (where they don't charge for investigation) was quite a shock.

My first thought is to just check the connectors under the seat - however I am aware one of the connectors is an air bag, is anyone able to point me in the direction of which connector handles the air scarf. Also had anyone else had this and thoughts on whether I need to have this done by a dealership or an Independant MB - any good ones around the Southampton area?

Any other thoughts

Hi Tals,

I'm having the same problem as you did. What was the problem with yours and how did you fix it?

Holy thread resurrection!

As the OP made just the one post, and hasn't been seen since, I fear you're unlikely to get an answer :(

Old post but its common, the motor is like a small hair drier and it fails, I guess the brushes wear out, seat forwards or out and remove the seat back, the blower it just 4 screws to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom