Mercedes...rubbish finish!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
I've been at the Frankfurt Motorshow all this week...and yes I've seen all the dazzling new models in Mercedes own complete hall. The new ML looks rather better in the flesh and all the AMG models are...err...popular:D
However, not far from where I am working there is the sports car, recognisable as a Mercedes, but if you look carefully the finish is complete rubbish!:D

Last edited:
Interesting, it is probably cheaper to repair if it is unfortunate to have an accident.

Still better thn a B*W! :) :devil:

I suspect that what actually happened is the a Nissan gearbox blew up in front of him and it was raining Datsun cogs...:eek:

That comes about because a cargo plane carrying car parts from Japan got into trouble and so the crew had to ditch the cargo before landing safely.

As a result it suddenly started raining Datsun Cogs.

My coat? Why do I need my coat............

Is it owned by that South African

Nissan Maindealer.

(Taxi phoned, coat is going on)

I've been at the Frankfurt Motorshow all this week...and yes I've seen all the dazzling new models in Mercedes own complete hall. The new ML looks rather better in the flesh and all the AMG models are...err...popular:D
However, not far from where I am working there is the sports car, recognisable as a Mercedes, but if you look carefully the finish is complete rubbish!:D

I think there is a worrying trend. I was in Berlin a few weeks ago, where the newer car below was on display, and the finish is a whole lot worse!!

7976.jpg

That one is not a lot worse than my C250 .... not a fashion I want to buy into next time!

Unfortunatly not, I would loved to have seen it.:(
If it is, I can't find it!

Looking up the original meaning of the word shooting brake revealed the following:-
English
In the early 19th century, a brake was a large carriage-frame with no body, used for breaking in young horses,[3][4] to restrict (or "brake") their movement, and train them as work horses. By the late 19th century the term extended to an open-bodied wagonette designed to carry a number of people.[4]
whereas
In French, estate-bodied cars (including those with five doors) are often referred to as "breaks" short for "break de chasse" (translated, hunting break).

so a Franglais copy writer then.:crazy:

ps that old SL was posted a while back-refers to a car that was recovered from a river or a lake [ can't remember which now :eek:] it had languished in for many years

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007/04/04/wasserpagoden/

Last edited:
Shooting breaks are historically coupes converted to estates providing a chap room for his Purdey's and luggage in the back for that weekend break.

So a shooting break is really only 3 door, not 5 door - that'll be an estate then.

Yup the correct English spelling is shooting brake. Check any English dictionary.

That vehicle looks to have been assimilated by The Borg , and retrofitted with Borg technology .

No doubt , they travelled back in time and assimilated the most advanced vehicle they could find .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom