Mercedes Sprinter LWB 2011 - Dipped Right Beam and Dipped Left Beam intermittent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimsters

Car
sprinter 2011
hi

ive got a mercedese sprinter LWB 2001.

I hit somebody straight on front impact around 3 months ago only doing about 5 - 10mph (not my fault). Just thought this impact may make a difference to the diagnostic of my fault.

For the past few weeks, sometimes when i start the engine i get the error "Dipped right beam" and my headlight bulb would not work. Then next time i started the engine it would be okay. This only happened now and again.

This past week its been happening more often and I was going to take it in to be looked at over the weekend.

Yesterday there was no error.
This morning it had Dipped RIght Beam again, AND Dipped Left Beam. So now neither of my headlights work.

Full beams work even when the dipped beam error is on.

Also, if this is anything to do with it, my fuse went for interior lights that come on when you open the doors. I replaced the fuse and its been fine since.

I dont know if i have normal bulbs or xenon before anybody asks?

Any ideas what this sounds like? i assume its not the bulbs if they work sometimes and dont others>

thanks

Hi,
Welcome to the forum .......assume nothing with the bulbs, I would start my diagnosis with replacing both bulbs, in case your impact has damaged the filaments and they are making intermittent contact. If its not that, then the old bulbs are always handy as spares.
Next, I would be checking the bulb holders and the earths to each of the bulb holders. If any earth connections look poor the clean them up.At your age of sprinter there may be several rusty connections that need cleaning up.
I would use a voltmeter if you have one or even a simple light up prod that you clip to earth.
I feel sure you will find the intermittent problem is related to your impact.

Steve

As toolman 1954 said change both bulbs .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom