Mercedes to reduce Number of MODEL Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing. IMO there has been too much overlap between models.

Reading that article and it states that the benchmark for quality Mercedes are following is the one set by Lexus!

A sad day in my opinion. Once upon a time it was the other way round.

Rose Chap A sad day in my opinion. Once upon a time it was the other way round.[/QUOTE said:
Depends on your position - at least there is an exec in DC/MB who recognises that things need to be put right and is willing to make a public statement to that extent. Better than sticking your head in the sand and refusing to face up to the various issues being suffered.......

This might even firm up residuals a bit as well.

Rose Chap said:
Reading that article and it states that the benchmark for quality Mercedes are following is the one set by Lexus!
I'm a bit more alarmed that Mercedes Car Group CEO Dieter Zetsche even uttered the word 'Hyundai'!

Sorry Mr E, I should have qualified my position a bit more. :) I do think its a good idea Mercedes are working hard to to improve their quality - after a decade and a half I think its time.

I just think its a sad sign of the times that the Mercedes model for quality is Lexus. How ironic, given that Lexus still use MB (and BMW and Audi) for their design ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom