Mercedes W204 C220 CDI Performance upgrades?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercS204

Car
Mercedes S204 C220 Cdi
Hi guys i've got a mercedes c220 estate which is a 2.1L twin turbo diesel guzzler.

I wanted to know what kind of stuff i could do to it and what you guys have done to yours in terms of performance. I know there is remaps out there(which ill do via rolling road after the upgrades) and i know that someone will point out that i should have gotten a C63 but unfortunately that wasn't possible.

standard its 170BHP and 400NM torque.

So far i've done:
-Cat-Back twin pipes
-KN intake
-Rotors and pads

I would like about 250bhp+ and anything over 550NM torque so what i was thinking of doing was:
Uprated Fuel Pump or Larger Injectors
DPF removal
EGR removal
maybe a turbo upgrade/ tuning(boost valves?)

cheers guys let me know what you think.

Subscribed as I am also thinking of the same process! :D

:D

yeh man, Surely someone has gone and done the same as what i want. thinking of putting in the larger 350cdi intercooler as well.

Why fit a bigger intercooler; are you getting problems with heat soak?

Obviously if you're running a lot more boost than intended, you need more charge cooling, but over-sized intercoolers introduce lag. - Think of the volume between the turbo and the inlet manifold; if you increase that volume, you need to put more air in to get the pressure to the engine (PV=nRT).

My suggestion would be to crank the boost up. - As long as you don't push it off the current map the ECU will adjust the fuelling for the increased volume of air.

Hi, I was looking at getting the turbos tuned to higher boost and i think that some people do fit the slightly larger intercooler as they are pretty interchangeable.

Looking at a 30-40bhp increase via a map at the likes of MSL or PCS

Money you're planning on spending on this could've just bought a 350 :eek:

i don't really want to just do a map, i like working on cars and i spend most my pennies on it, and i just want to see what is possible. I wouldn't have gotten insured on a c350 unfortunately.

MercS204 said:
i don't really want to just do a map, i like working on cars and i spend most my pennies on it, and i just want to see what is possible. I wouldn't have gotten insured on a c350 unfortunately.

Surely with these proposed mods declared, your insurance would go up regardless?

yeh but still not as much for some reason.

yeh but still not as much for some reason.
It's odd isn't it? - I think if you have improved the cars safety, that goes in your favour. However significant power hikes work against you.

It also depends on your insurer; some won't touch a car that isn't absolutely standard, and some don't seem bothered as long as you declare everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom