Mercedes W211 Battery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
Hi,

My battery on my W211 is DEAD now, went to see the car in the garage to park a new toy there but coudnt even open the car, had to manually open it... :|

It's been in the garage for about 3 to 4 weeks!

Does anybody know where I can get a mercedes battery from.. at a good price?

I know mercedes do but they are a rip off.

has to be a merc battery though... or does it not matter? I preffer original parts but if it does not matter then that's fine!

It's a 2004 Mercedes E320 CDi.

Any help would be greatful, thanks.:thumb:

Main dealer is best bet bet but £££

Don't bosch do a decent battery?

Why not disconnect the battery and trickle charge it. 3-4 weeks would discharge a battery on the 211 as its an extremely power hungry car!!

I can't seen any reason to pay main dealer prices for a battery. I have seen this site in the past and will be using it when I do need a battery. Looks like they use the Reg number to double check the right battery is ordered Index Page NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY

3-4 weeks though is plenty to drain a W211 battery, They are known to be a little greedy when parked up.

Battery is dead I tryed to jump start the car and it's totally dead, so i'm going to have to buy a new battery.

The car needs tax soon and M.O.T and then new rear tyres as I think it will fail M.O.T with the tyres on atm.

so i'm going to have to spend allot on it and then might sell it...

Battery is dead I tryed to jump start the car and it's totally dead, so i'm going to have to buy a new battery.

The car needs tax soon and M.O.T and then new rear tyres as I think it will fail M.O.T with the tyres on atm.

so i'm going to have to spend allot on it and then might sell it...

I'd get the battery then shift it with the tyres for the next onwer. You'll end up spending a fortune on a car you will not keep.

I know you've got the SLK coming but I'd try and keep the car a bit longer if you're going to spend a fair chunk on it. Plus its an absolutely lovely 211, probably the best one I have seen.

By the way MB can be very good price wise on car battery's. You might be surprised.

Mo, I will give them a call tomorrow and get a price from them.

Could you post it up here just for curiositys sake as mine is on the way out but because I drive it without fail daily it starts but leave it 2 days I get the battery protection mode thingee and you can here the starter turn over a few times before the 4 banger awakens...

No worries mate will post it on here as soon as I get a price from the stealers!

btw that's what I kept getting for a while battery protection mode msg on the computer as you said if you leave it for a few days it will strugle to start so I had a hit the battery will be going soonish..

Recently got my battery changed at MB, charged me £120 supply and fit.

Had the same problem before xmas battery warning on dash, cahnged battery in boot of my E270 but same problem immediatley, then had small battery checked under pollen /cabin filter and that was dead... they only last 2/3 yrs so got a new one at Merc £85 pounds..no more warning lights or shut downs..

No worries mate will post it on here as soon as I get a price from the stealers!

btw that's what I kept getting for a while battery protection mode msg on the computer as you said if you leave it for a few days it will strugle to start so I had a hit the battery will be going soonish..

Cheers, I know its on its way out. 48hours for that. Used to leave it for 5 days and it would fire without fail.

There are two batteries on a 211. One for the SBC and one for the rest of the car. Its an immensely greedy car on current/voltage etc. I think it will be your "main" battery but be curious what the say.

And make sure when you are at the stealers to get as much free coffee down your neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always do Steve... one after the other, I try all different types as well lol!

They will need to stock up on coffee after i've left. :D

Had the same problem before xmas battery warning on dash, cahnged battery in boot of my E270 but same problem immediatley, then had small battery checked under pollen /cabin filter and that was dead... they only last 2/3 yrs so got a new one at Merc £85 pounds..no more warning lights or shut downs..

Damn, I didnt even know these cars had 2 batterys, I'm hoping it will be my main one!

BENZEDUP If you already know this all fine and dandy but you can't just jump a 211 you need to connect the slave and leave for 10 - 15 minutes for all the electrics to come alive. I switched on the parking light once by accident so I had a very steeplearning curve. You could also try a recovery charge with an Optimate or simmilar charger. I used to do this all the time when I had 4 or 5 bikes in the garage.

Could you post it up here just for curiositys sake as mine is on the way out but because I drive it without fail daily it starts but leave it 2 days I get the battery protection mode thingee and you can here the starter turn over a few times before the 4 banger awakens...

Hi steve, I just got a quote from MB and for a heavy duty battery for my w211 it will set me back £140 including fitting!

MB 24hr service will be poping down next week to fit it for me and give the car a quick check up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom