Message in a bottle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Dropping my daughters off at school this morning. Beautiful day, traffic flowing, driving along at a nice pace, minding our own business. Approaching me I can see a white transit tip up van, with three guys in the front. As he gets closer, the driver appears to be waving out his window. I start to slow down thinking he is signalling me. He then throws a large bottle of (what I assume to be pee) that smashes into my windscreen and explodes. The car behind me takes avoiding action and hits the verge on his nearside. The van drives off with the occupants still laughing and making gestures out the windows.

I did not get his registration. I do however drive the road several times a week as I drop my daughters off. Hopefully tomorrow I will get his registration. Probably a waste of time reporting it as he will deny any wrongdoing.

What level of inbreeding is required that would allow a creature like this to do such a thing with no thought for the consequences? Four hours later I am still fuming and filled with thoughts of revenge. I fear for my daughters who are growing up in a world where plankton can wear trousers and drive a truck. It shocked them and I saw that look in their eyes. This is probably their first taste of absolutely meaningless stupidity that could actually have killed.

This was a very deliberate thought out act where he actually aimed at his target knowing it was a car traveling at 50mph with other cars behind.

Is it right that I now want to hunt him down, drag him out and force that bottle up his backside?

If you were right about the contents , a sample of the dna contained within might nail him since he may already be on the database .

Otherwise CCTV from the area might help with identifying the vehicle ; it is worth reporting to the police , just to put the incident on record as he may repeat the offence , perhaps with more serious consequences .

Did it break your windscreen ?

Being wise after the event , a dashcam would have provided the evidence you need .

Did you get the number of the car behind you? I'm sure they'd provide corroborating evidence if asked.

Guys. If I am honest (and I am) I have no desire to go the Police with this. My previous experience of reporting an incident to the local Police (well documented on this forum) led to massive disruption to me and absolutely zero interest from the Police. This despite them having names, address, photo's etc.

I would imagine. That this will be an uninsured, untaxed, no license etc job. In Kent this is fast becoming the norm. These people know that they can with absolute impunity from the law.

My windscreen is chipped not smashed. My post was/is more in simple frustration with the situation I find myself in = impotent!! Doomed if you do. Doomed if you don't.

I need to vent and I want revenge. The latter, I suspect I will not get.

Last edited:
"These people no that they can with absolute impunity from the law."

And that's the issue. While a lot of people do have morals a lot are also kept in check only by fear of consequence.

We had a run in, probably 6 or 7 years ago now, with 3 drugged-up lads in a Fiesta that were looking to hurt someone, and rammed us repeatedly to try and crash us. Fortunately I was in a much bigger car so they couldn't, and I could get away.

The police found him later that night slumped over the wheel of this car in the town centre, completely stoned. He assaulted the two coppers and got done for that but they couldn't tie him to what happened to us.

Crucially though, he came from a criminal family and was already well-known to the police.

Last edited:
They WILL get caught by someone with a dashcam (you know, those things that are frowned upon by some people) or by other means.

If you catch up with them, we could have a MBClub group attitude adjustment ceremony for them. I'll nip down to organise and participate in that. :devil:

I think Bruce has had more than his share of bad luck and it is time something good happened to him .

I think Bruce has had more than his share of bad luck and it is time something good happened to him .

Shall we give him a MBClub Knighthood? Sir Bruce sounds the part. :p

On a serious note I'm gobsmacked at Bruce's experience in this thread. There's some truely awful people on this earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I empathise with your anger and frustration. These b******s and many like them should be caught and taught a lesson but with law enforcement resources being what they are, it's unlikely to happen. I suspect many members of the police feel just as frustrated and impotent at not being able to do their jobs as effectively as they would like.

In days gone by , the perps would have been taken up a dark alley and given a good kicking .

These days , that doesn't seem to be an option .

Glass.

So this morning I drove along the same stretch of road at the same time. No van!!

Thank you for all your kind comments :ˆ)

Garden of England no more :(

I stopped at a crossing the other day and let a young girl cross, no more than 10 years old. She had a Harry Potter outfit on. I said to her in a very jovial way "Wheres your broomstick ? Fu.. off Cu.. she replied

Bruce i can stand anything in life .But my car is a no no .Anyone harming my car will pay for it, i will tell you that much. .It might take time ,but i will have the last laugh in the end, i wll laugh the longest. Like you , its hard work to get our cars to look nice .Only to be damaged by throwbacks.

Garden of England no more :(

I stopped at a crossing the other day and let a young girl cross, no more than 10 years old. She had a Harry Potter outfit on. I said to her in a very jovial way "Wheres your broomstick ? Fu.. off Cu.. she replied

Ha Ha - Class, where was that? Dartford?

Surprisingly it was in the better part of Bromley. Would have expected it in Dartford ! Despite living in the Borough of Dartford I never actually go to Dartford itself

I am fifty nine years old now but still feel like I am twenty nine. I see things very simply (maybe too simply).

I was brought up to believe that "please & thank you" cost you nothing but earn you everything.

More and more I witness this being eroded, laughed at or ignored. Parents have abdicated there responsibility to the TV or Facebook.

Children's role models are one hit wonders. Mine were war heroes.

There is just a complete and absolute lack of any ownership of actions or consequences of their actions. Buy food! Throw the wrapper on the ground. Need to pee. Do it in a bottle and throw the bottle at a moving car full of people.

My visit to my own mortality has given me time to ponder the behaviour of others and myself. My daughters will still say please and thank you and we will continue to try and contribute to life in a way that benefits others.

I still want to drag this disgusting cretin out and beat him. I can't help it and I wish I could. It just takes up my time in thinking about something that is so negative.

By contrast, I look at my experiences on this forum and the people I have met on this forum who have taken time and effort to help me and in many instances that help has never been charged for or any payment sought. This from people who I would never have known had it not been for a car and a forum. That is such a strong positive message.

Last edited:
You mentioned it was a flatbed truck or suchlike ?

Don't suppose you had any time to catch a glimpse of any sign writing , which might have pointed you towards the company which owns it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom