Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RJ C63

Car
C63s Coupe
Has anybody tried these yes in 18" size? Was considering these as a replacement for Conti SPC 5.

They're a brand new tyre and tech so should be an improvement.

Thoughts?

None of those are in 18" in the right size.

I have just bought some 245 40 for the front and 265 35 for the rear but not fitted them yet

Running super sports on my mapped c63, came from conti 5s. Good upgrade. Less tyre noise. More grip. Not sure about wear

Running super sports on my mapped c63, came from conti 5s. Good upgrade. Less tyre noise. More grip. Not sure about wear

Are you running OEM 19" on the C63? I'm getting a new set of PSS for mine, what price did you get a set for if you don't mind me asking. Running Goodyear F1 A2's at the moment on mine.

For a C63, I would choose Pilot Super Sports if they are available in that size...
According to an articulate in this month's EVO mag the Pilot Sport 4 is a successor to the Pilot Super Sport not the Pilot Sport 3.

All very confusing

^^^
Wish I knew that before ordering four PSS's a few weeks ago. :doh:

If that is the case though, they will be an excellent choice for the OP

^^^
Wish I knew that before ordering four PSS's a few weeks ago. :doh:

If that is the case though, they will be an excellent choice for the OP

My understanding is they are a replacement for the sport 3 not the SS. SS being a road and track focused tyre.

I think now my Conti 5's are due on the rear after 3 months (if that) then I'll try these as loved the MPSS on my M3 but can't get them in 18"

The article is wrong. There is a thread on piston heads about it and a comment from a guy at michelin. Super sport still exists and is the very high end tyre.

The article is wrong. There is a thread on piston heads about it and a comment from a guy at michelin. Super sport still exists and is the very high end tyre.

I wish SS came in 18" C63 size.

I have thought about going 275/35/18 which they do?

I'm going to try the pilot sport 4s. I'm sure they can't be less good than the contis.

Some feedback as I have recently had a set of Pilot Sport 4s fitted. Seem very grippy, and much quieter compared with the SPC5. They appear to have a softer side wall which takes a bit of getting used to but they feel very progressive and perhaps give more confidence when leaning hard into a corner i.e. once the car is leaning it seems to corner flatter. They should wear a lot better and are a good looking tyre!

In terms of tyre pressures for 18" on the car plaque it recommends 33F / 35R which was fine for the Contis. Having spoken to Michelin they recommend 37F / 42R. They may have a softer sidewall but do these pressures seem too high? Thoughts?

For reference Michelin advises 42F / 45R for 19".

In summary they seem a step up from the Contis and have slightly different characteristics.

Cheers

I have had them on for a while now, and tbh the road noise is quite bad.
Also, I am finding them hard to get balanced correctly, the winter kumhos I had on before had no problems at all with balancing or road noise so it seems quite strange to me

What pressures are you running? They seem very quiet and no issues at all with balancing for me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom