Michelin tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alphagemini

Car
Mercedes C200
Anyone had experience with Michelin energy saver tyres?

I have a C200

Thanks if anyone can help

My car was fitted with them from new. I have no complaints. Replaced rears at 37k and fronts at 48k. They seem to be the only ones listed for my tyre size as well. 195 60 16

Can't help with the Michelin Energy tyres but have recently bought a set of Michelin Cross Climates for my CLK and am delighted. I drove through heavy rain recently and the new tyres were a great improvement over the earlier Pirelli 6000s.

I won't and never have fitted any other make of tyre.

Had 4 new Michelin Energy Saver tyres on the Renault. They were fine. Hope this helps.

Had Michelin energy savers fitted from new (205/55/R16) and I've found them to perform well for a summer tyre, are quiet and last well. You can also get the MO variant easily.

Can you get a MO in 195/60/15 91V...?

My car was fitted with them from new. I have no complaints. Replaced rears at 37k and fronts at 48k. They seem to be the only ones listed for my tyre size as well. 195 60 16

That's some mileage out of a set of tyres.

I thought mine were doing well. I have 14K on a set of the same size with 5.7mm of tread remaining. I've no reason to think energy savers are noisy or uncomfortable but when it's time for a change my priorities if there are any better tyres will be ride comfort and quietness.

I have found energy savers noisy and with grip in wet conditions extremely low. Just changed to Michelin cross climates and the difference is amazing. People by energy savers for economy of higher MPG and lower rolling resistance. Unfortunately those 2 things equate to no wet grip and being useless in cold conditions.

Two things I never cheap out on and that's brakes and tyres.

I have found energy savers noisy and with grip in wet conditions extremely low. Just changed to Michelin cross climates and the difference is amazing. People by energy savers for economy of higher MPG and lower rolling resistance. Unfortunately those 2 things equate to no wet grip and being useless in cold conditions.

Two things I never cheap out on and that's brakes and tyres.

Energy Savers are not cheap and the wet grip rating is B out of A-G, so hardly diabolical.
Noise rating is 70 and 68 dB respectively so not a vast difference.
I don't find them noisy at all.
But each to their own choice and opinion.

Last edited:
I live in Wet west Wales with standing water on the roads on a near daily basis. I found the energy savers near lethal. Had them on for 3 years, switched last year and honestly found a massive difference. Agree it will depend on vehicle and location though.

Odd thing about Michelin Energy savers; the MO version has a B rating for fuel economy and the normal version has a C rating. MO version seems to be cheaper too.

I've just replaced Michelin Energy Savers with four Michelin Cross Climate tyres. I'm pleased with them so far.

I've just replaced Michelin Energy Savers with four Michelin Cross Climate tyres. I'm pleased with them so far.

Did this on my wife's Civic just over a year ago, and also very pleased with the tyres. Much quieter than the ES tyres, and appear to be wearing better too. The car feels less fidgety in the wet and is much better at dealing with standing water.

^ Loving the comments to this too...

How many times have you meet someone who is in the industry and thinks that gives him to right to claim he knows everything there is to know about the industry. :):)
God bless them - but only for today.

I never buy Michelin, as never been impressed with them.

I agree, Michelin should have a new slogan, "Always the dearest, never the best"!
I bought Michelin Primacy's which were not even as good as my budget Falkens.

Russ

Can't help with the Michelin Energy tyres but have recently bought a set of Michelin Cross Climates for my CLK and am delighted. I drove through heavy rain recently and the new tyres were a great improvement over the earlier Pirelli 6000s.

I have the same on my S204, superb tyres and mine seems to be lasting very well after 12 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rate all Michelin tyres very highly. Not only that they recently honoured a warranty claim for 4 tyres which had deteriorated prematurely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom