Michelin tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pirelli best in wet cornering!!!!! Not in my experience. Their wet grip was woefully inadequate.

Agree Michelin should be #1 excellent tyre wet or dry. Last well too

moonloops said:
Yep, not sure how they've voted Pirelli high in the wet??

Strange that. It must be like ADAC magazine where the German car always wins the car tests and Continental always win the tyre tests.......mmmmmm. Odd that.

Pirelli best in wet cornering!!!!! Not in my experience. Their wet grip was woefully inadequate.
When the P Zeros are new and temperatures middling to warm, I've always found their wet grip to be good. It's when they're a bit worn and temperatures are lower that they are downright awful.

So basically most of the time you're driving in the UK, P Zeros are carp...

As with all manufactures who make a range of tyres, some will be better than others in certain areas, but in general Michelin are amongst the very best tyres money can buy.

Yes some cheaper tyres can be okay but in general Michelin are worth the extra :thumb:

Been through Bridgestones (noisy and not fantastic)
Continental (Good tyres All round)
Goodyear Asymmetric 3
(Awesome , in rain in dry and quite plus economical)
Michelin pilot sport
(Average all round )
Just put some p6000 on front
(Seem ok)
Uniroyal rain sport 3
On rears will adjust air pressure and then let you know
225/45/18 front
265/35/18 rear
E250 mostly motorway driving

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have tried:
ContiSportContact 5P - really good grip in wet and dry but wore out very fast.
Goodyear AS2 - good all round.
Michelin PSS - Similar grip to the continental but a lot better wearing.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is being released next month to replace the Super Sports and is meant to be even better.

Last edited:
Can't help with the Michelin Energy tyres but have recently bought a set of Michelin Cross Climates for my CLK and am delighted. I drove through heavy rain recently and the new tyres were a great improvement over the earlier Pirelli 6000s.

Anything is better than the P6000. Those were some of the worst tyres I have ever seen. Not sure if there was any rubber compound in them or if it was just hard plastic. I will go as far as saying there are budget tyres that are better than them.

Anything is better than the P6000. Those were some of the worst tyres I have ever seen.
I had P6000's on a Golf GTI company car in the early 2,000's and they were truly awful :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom