Middle age-------

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

french

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi TT RS 2.5 , Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 9 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
At what age is past middle age...& just plain OLD ?:rolleyes:

All totally irrelevant. Age is just a number. :eek:

Between 40-50 middle age, 50-60 is old, 60-70 is OAP and anything above 70 is just glad to still be here!

Glad to still be here and fit to drive. :D

Between 40-50 middle age, 50-60 is old, 60-70 is OAP and anything above 70 is just glad to still be here!

Agree 45 is middle age at a push.

I will be 50 in March. I feel old and recently noticed that a lie in is impossible because I need to go to the toilet at about 6.00.
Assuming you didn't consume your 10th pint of the evening immediately before retiring then you should go get your prostate checked. There's a high chance that there's nothing wrong, but if there is then early detection is essential :thumb:

I'm 66 but still feel 30; however, to misquote Stinger from Top Gun, my mind's writing cheques my body can't cash!

That's my point Dickie , I was 60 last week but I still feel 30's or less & feel like I should "Grow up"?!..... But I'm having fun acting the goat lol

What I do know that there seems to be an increasing desire to categorise,quantify,label or otherwise classify groups of people by arbitrary and often simplistic criteria. Age being one of them, ethnic or country of origin or religion are others.Human beings are more complex than that. Life expectancy varies according to social class, employment and where you live. And likewise "middle age " is a moveable feast. A more useful definition of middle age might best be defined by the state of an individuals health rather than simply their age alone. :dk:

Mark Felix is one of the strongest men in the world still. He's 50 years old. You can be old at 30 and young at 60.

I love my lifting and I want to be doing it as long as possible.

I recognise my age (46) and I train intelligently but why stop?

48 and a half
I am in middle age and going to enjoy it

On the second sports convertible (this one's a V6) but can afford them and to insure them now.
Mortgage soon going to end
Kids doing well, and I am happy to say to them, it's your turn now....
Many many more useful years left in me, and I am still here though

Some of my friends aren't, so enjoy getting old(er)
It's an excuse for so much.

I'm 53 years young dumb but not full of the other :D so I must be middle aged, I find doing plenty of hiking cycling swimming when I get the chance, I try to be as active as possible, if I sit about being a couch potatoes then I feel awful, same as in work if I'm not busy I go home more knackered than if I was busy all day.
I also can't have a lie in as my lower back starts to ache.
I have also found doing the early shift is a peace of cake compared to 20 years ago.
I'm quite lucky as my opo doesn't like the early shift so I do 6-2 shift most weeks, I have plenty of time to do loads of things and jobs in the afternoon.
One thing I not keen on is I've grown a fear of hight's as I've grown older :dk:
Most embarrassing was when I climb to the top of a diving board and bottled out couldn't do it :eek:
Had to come back down the steps past everyone :rolleyes:
The joys of growing old :thumb:

Past middle age must be e.

Middle age is g.

You're only as old as the person you want to feel.

"Old" is a relative term. To a five-year old, a teenager is old. To a 75-year old, a 65-year old is young.

Seriously though, it's a well-established fact that you're officially old when policemen look young.

That's my point Dickie , I was 60 last week but I still feel 30's or less & feel like I should "Grow up"?!..... But I'm having fun acting the goat lol

My late grandad in his middle 80s said he still felt in his 20s I think it was.

I suppose I'm old, though at least I've reached my age. :D

Many friends I've known over the years haven't got as far...

62 years old. Check
Mercedes sports convertible. Check
SUV. Check
Motorcycle. Check
Still rockin'. Check.
Walked the full west Highland Way (last year). Check.
Eye for the ladies. Check.

Old. Never, never, NEVER!!

One in eight white men, and one in four black men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime, all men over 50 should have a PSA blood test once a year from their GP, it costs you nothing, only takes a minute, and could save your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom