Middle East Geography Quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer

THE MIDDLE EAST GEOGRAPHY QUIZ...

”This is more than challenging - it's humiliating.
I hesitate to call it fun, but actually it was.
No wonder we don't understand what's going on over there!
Drag the country's name onto the map.
There is no score or time limit. This is a learning tool.
Don't be afraid to make an error, try again [and again, if need be!]
and once you have finished the puzzle you will be far more educated
about this very intense part of our world."
Rethinking Schools - Just For Fun - Map Game

Good fun, didn't do too badly...

Would be a neat one for our American cousins :D

I struggled most with the order of some of the ex Soviet states.

No score or timing, no bombs going off or machine gun sounds. What sort of game do you call this! :cool:

Good job there was no time on it, took me 30 Min's :eek:, dammed embarrassing, thanks...

Its all Gengis Khan's fault. :eek: Was on the radio today that 16 million of us are his direct descendants. Evidently he "put it about a bit" during his campaigns! ;) He also was responsible for eliminating 10-15 million individuals who might have "diluted" his DNA. :crazy: The ruthless gene indeed!
Descent from Genghis Khan

Zerjal et al. [2003][56] identified a Y-chromosomal lineage present in about 8% of the men in a large region of Asia (about 0.5% of the men in the world). The paper suggests that the pattern of variation within the lineage is consistent with a hypothesis that it originated in Mongolia about 1,000 years ago. Because the rate of such a spread would be too rapid to have occurred by genetic drift, the authors propose that the lineage is carried by likely male-line descendants of Genghis Khan, and that it has spread through social selection. In Mongolia alone as many as 200,000 of the country's 2 million people could be Khan descendants.[5] In addition to most of the Mongol nobility up to the 20th century, the Mughal emperor Babur's mother was a descendant. Timur (also known as Tamerlane), the 14th century military leader, claimed descent from Genghis Khan.

It would appear that "sexual relations" takes on a whole new meaning in Mongolia. :p

Only 16 million of us Grober? That is a staggeringly low number. It is estimated that of the English (not UK) population something like 75% have lineal descent from Edward III, he having been extremely long lived and fertile, and whose descendants also.

Only 16 million of us Grober? That is a staggeringly low number. It is estimated that of the English (not UK) population something like 75% have lineal descent from Edward III, he having been extremely long lived and fertile, and whose descendants also.
Maybe the radio guy meant 16 million of us in the UK not sure. I was half asleep at the time.:p

It's called "keeping it in the family". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom