Midlands meet! June/July 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FiveHundredSEC

Car
500 SEC
Hey all, I'm new to the forum but I've been a Mercedes owner for a few years now. I currently own a W202 C250 project which will be going down the "superturbo" route (mech pump, giant turbo) and I also own a 1993 500 SEC (remodeled as CL500 a few years later) which is my daily driver.

I have signed up here because I'm getting old and kinda miss loitering in car parks waffling about engines with other like minded folk so I'd like to sort a meet out.
After trawling the events pages I couldn't find much around june/July in the Midlands so how do we all feel about it?
Non model specific, just pretty benz's and maybe a burger.

Please feel free to add any input below, hopefully there's enough interest and we can come to organising something!

Anywhere in particular in mind?

Your superturbo project sounds interesting; a bit like the Nissan March?

Haha not exactly like the march. Hopefully will be as fun though.

I'm open to anywhere too, I live near Coventry but I also enjoy driving my cars so don't mind a trip out. It's probably easier if we find out where everyone is and decide a central spot

I'm in Northampton, count me in :thumb:

On edge of Coventry. I am always ready for burgers! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Count me in! :rock: :thumb: :D :devil: I will bring vodka for comrades :D:D:D

Alternatively there is an OK Diner at Burton on Trent were the A50 joins the A38. Used to hold Corvette club meets there.

I've got to admit that I'm less excited about heading towards Derby. - Mostly because I'd lose the excuse to drive through Cannock Chase.

Alternatively there is an OK Diner at Burton on Trent were the A50 joins the A38. Used to hold Corvette club meets there.

Burton has a much bigger car park than Cannock, so better suited.

I've got to admit that I'm less excited about heading towards Derby. - Mostly because I'd lose the excuse to drive through Cannock Chase.

Do it in Cannock Chase then. There's a big car park on Milford Common - there's a Wimpy chalet :cool: and the Barley Mow is cheap 'n' cheerful pub, all surrounded by the Chase.

We held a few Midlands GTG at the Bowling Green in Lichfield which were very popular. We held some at the Whittington Arms and The Fradley Arms too.

My suggestion would be the Red Lion in Upper Longdon if you fancy Cannock Chase, or best of all The Oakley in Brewood :cool:

I think Jay is overdue a meet...tie the two in together?

Never knew there were so many members from Coventry here :D

Sorry, this does make me sound like I'm being a jerk. - Perhaps I've just got delays and road works on the A50 in the back of my head?

I can see there is enough people to get this GTG going :cool:
So, can we agree on a date of meet?
And start making a list of course :)

Might be able to make this date dependant, I'm an hour and a half away ish...

From Northampton but pretty much live in Cov (where the gf lives) so I guess I'm technically closer to the proposed locations!

Date depending I'm up for it. May even bring the missus, she deserves a day out :D

I'm up for this meet too, date dependent :)
Be a good run down from Liverpool

Nobody has talked specific dates yet. Can I suggest:

w/end 22/23 July
w/end 29/30 July

All the locations suggested work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom