Midlands meet! June/July 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nobody has talked specific dates yet. Can I suggest:

w/end 22/23 July
w/end 29/30 July

All the locations suggested work for me.

I'm up for either of these dates. Just a case of why not really. :)

I'd be ok for the later weekend but birthday party interferes with the first one..
However go with the numbers, I haven't got my pass yet!

If I can get my ml back up and running smoothly I can probably do the later one, will be a nice cruise from Nottingham area. (Be warned she ain't in the best of nick, previous owner never looked after her).

Anyone decided on a date yet??

Sounds like the later date (29th/30th) is the winner. - Depending on where we go Saturday is probably the busier day so maybe Sunday the 30th is the best choice?

Did we reach a consensus on where to meet?

Sounds like the later date (29th/30th) is the winner. - Depending on where we go Saturday is probably the busier day so maybe Sunday the 30th is the best choice?

Did we reach a consensus on where to meet?

^ Agree, 30th is perfect :cool:

Sun 30 July works for me.just need consensus on where.

I'll bow to the greater knowledge:
Do it in Cannock Chase then. There's a big car park on Milford Common - there's a Wimpy chalet :cool: and the Barley Mow is cheap 'n' cheerful pub, all surrounded by the Chase.

We held a few Midlands GTG at the Bowling Green in Lichfield which were very popular. We held some at the Whittington Arms and The Fradley Arms too.

My suggestion would be the Red Lion in Upper Longdon if you fancy Cannock Chase, or best of all The Oakley in Brewood :cool:

I think I know Milford Common; that's just near Shugbrough (which is back in NT control).

I think I'd prefer a pub, like the Red Lion but it's moot when you've got to drive home again anyway.

Executive decision?

Milford Common is quite a good open space, and if people fancy having a chat and a pint somewhere like the Wolseley Arms isn't too far away (nor is Wimpy if that's preferable).

Preference on time? Perhaps midday is good if people want to eat? - Perhaps later if people would rather eat then head out?

Hello everyone!

Apologies, I've been so busy with work I've not been back on here.
It's great to see so many replies! I'm down with whatever you guys come up with as it seems it's all under control and we're reaching a decision. Look forwards to meeting you all!

Dan

Since it was your idea, are you happy to lock-in the 30th at Milford Common from 12:00?

It's only a fortnight away, and I'll need to get a day pass from my wife. ;)

If the weather is nice, it would look quite good to have a series of Mercedes in the car park; hopefully someone good at photography could get a nice shot of it.

Yeah I'm happy with Milford Common. It's 50 miles from me and seems pretty central to everybody especially if there's guys coming from Liverpool and Northampton.

I'd probably suggest more of a late afternoon to early evening timeslot though especially if we end up getting grub or drinks etc. Although i do appreciate people won't want to drive back too late. What's everyone's opinions?

I'm easy; the only drama will be getting my parking spot back when I return home.

My wife works a rolling shift and is home for lunch at ~1pm. I don't need to be home for that, but if people would rather make the meet a little later my preference is after about 3pm. She's home at ~6pm, but unless she forgets her keys I don't need to be there for that either.

Is this the carpark people are thinking of?
https://goo.gl/maps/oti2F6tbXCS2

Last edited:
Weather isn't looking great at this stage, so I think we'll end-up indoors.

If we met at 5:00 that probably gives enough time for some people to chat and leave before dinner, and others to hang around and maybe get something to eat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom