Mini 0806 Dashcam Thorough And Comprehensive Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
It's a pile of sh1t :devil:.

Firstly there was a buzz that could be heard on the sountrack - I was told (by the manufacturer) to put a blob of superglue on the card slot - this worked.

Secondly there was another buzz that could be heard on the soundtrack - I was told (by the manufacturer) to put a blob of superglue on the lens cover - this worked.

Thirdly, the power would randomly drop in and out rendering the camera useless - I was told (by the manufacturer) to change the power lead (like I've got them lying around).

Finally the recording to the mini SD card stopped, but the card was fine when used on other equipment.

Luckily, the UK supplier has refunded in full what I paid, but never again.

The 0806 follows the 0805 which followed the 0801, and I'm aware there are loads around, but that's what mine was like :(.

Take it this is the one you (and loads of others) fitted when we were at Duxford a few weeks back?

I've decided against one after thinking about it for a while, though if I do want one I'll probably get it from Ash at Exec Spec He gave me a price a while ago and whist possibly being a bit on the high side, at least I know that it'll be good kit. :)

Yes Dave - mine was a 2nd gen with the problems ironed out (ho ho).

There's a 3rd gen now, but I've lost confidence - a shame really as it was a neat little unit - no rubber suction pads allowed on my car.

Seems I have the one and only working 0806? The only issue I have is that it does not swap from card slot b to a when full. I did not put the latest firmware update on as it created more issues than it fixed.

My Mobius on a modded helmet mount is working great, like you say, no suckers allowed in my car either.

My 0801 never gave me a problem in over a year now, operating as a rear dashcam. It sits on a DIY magnetic mount, lower profile than the stock mount.

The front one is a customised firmware BlackVue DR400G-II: 15Mbps bitrate, very sharp, no artefacts, with CPL filter built-in, stripped of all the shiny bits and carbon wrapped, so almost impossible to see from the outside - been going strong for over three years now: not a single problem.

Just fitted both into a new to me A200 C169 - all hard-wired, no cables visible, no suckers :)

I have been using the 0801 for 2 years with no problems at all.

Panorama S here, it's been in four cars so far.......proper good kit.

My Mobius on a modded helmet mount is working great, like you say, no suckers allowed in my car either.

I've got 2 of these in the wife's Tiguan (front and rear) and 1 in mine (front only) I have a second one to go rear facing in mine but can't work out where to put it! Anyone fitted a rear cam to an E Class cabriolet?

Got two of these running - no issues.

I have heard there were issues with early 0806's but i had hoped these were sorted by now.

i had been using an 0803 in my W164 ML for a while with no issues and also an A118 however i cant use either of them in my W166 ML due to both interfering with the DAB radio.

John, have you tried recording when its not near your upper screen unit? Your problems might be down to all of the gizmo's that you have up there, OK for me as I only have light and rain sensors.

John, have you tried recording when its not near your upper screen unit? Your problems might be down to all of the gizmo's that you have up there, OK for me as I only have light and rain sensors.

It's gone back Mark - refund obtained :(.

I'm just glad I didn't spend too much time with a permanent feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom