minor bit of fun on M40 this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You realise you're talking to yourself…………everyone's abed.:D

If you can't talk to yourself, who CAN you talk to?

Other people talk to themselves; I just think aloud...

If you can't talk to yourself, who CAN you talk to?

Other people talk to themselves; I just think aloud...

It's rude to interrupt :p I was in the middle of a one sided conversation just then.:crazy: Now, where was I….?;)

Is this really true ?

I've never heard of any UK police force using second-hand cars of unknown provenance that they have seized from dodgy members of the public.

I dont know either way but ive certainly seen some strange undercover plod cars, Audi TT, Toyota Celica and strangely Meriva VXR to name but a few

My first thought when I read this thread is that the problem with engaging with another car is that it may be an unmarked police car.

Time was - fifteen years ago or so - you couldn't do a decent-length journey without seeing at least one jam sandwich either on the road or parked up on their little hills by the side of the motorway.

Nowadays, I cannot remember when I last saw a marked Police car on the motorway. It happens, but it is a rare occurrence.

But unmarked cars: Surrey Police seem to have a few and use them regularly - more on the A3 than anywhere else near me. Over recent years they have had a variety of nice looking cars, the kind that one might just want to engage in a bit of competitive driving with (BMW M3, Impreza turbo, Focus RS, etc.). You only know because you either see them after they have pulled someone, or they whisk past, lights flashing in the grille / reversing lights.

^ Yes I seldom see marked police either on the motorway or on those little ramps they have to stalk their prey...

I saw an unmarked grey (kind of satin, almost matt) BMW X5 littered with blue lights absolutely flying through city traffic the other day.

Time was - fifteen years ago or so - you couldn't do a decent-length journey without seeing at least one jam sandwich either on the road or parked up on their little hills by the side of the motorway.

Nowadays, I cannot remember when I last saw a marked Police car on the motorway. It happens, but it is a rare occurrence.

I saw one parked on the little ramp a couple of months ago...fortunately, a second or two before the Copper standing in front of it, with the laser gun saw me...

Given that when driving a diesel you can afford more than a few seconds of fun, that was a good days sport...

The cops mentioned it on Motorway Cops - that they actually use some of the cars they seize to save money and act as a deterrent.

They had a recent Golf I think it was which they were using undercover.

I took a minicab to Gatwick recently and the driver was telling me Police have dummy cabs, white vans (litter and all on dash) and all sorts of other cars now.

But then my mate Dave cruises at 100 for entire journeys and has never been done for speeding on a motorway. However, he does have a huge willy so please don't bother commenting on rights/wrongs of it.

jotter22 said:
On the Isle of grain they have a ford ranger double cab pick up! Tony.
that's ok tony as I will out run the ranger lol

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

But then my mate Dave cruises at 100 for entire journeys and has never been done for speeding on a motorway.
However, he does have a huge willy so please don't bother commenting on rights/wrongs of it.

Those two sentences don't add up...only 100...;)

Is this really true ?

I've never heard of any UK police force using second-hand cars of unknown provenance that they have seized from dodgy members of the public.

Certainly in my area ( Scotland ) ; obviously it depends on the type of vehicle how they are disposed of , but there was a recent story in the press where a Range Rover which had been seized and given over to the police was targeted by associates of the criminal from whom it had been taken , and an attempt was made to break into the police compound where it was parked to set it alight . According to reports , the person it was taken from was upset that it was being used for law enforcement .

Some cars are auctioned , others are either scrapped or given to the fire service to cut up , but some that are deemed suitable can be given to law enforcement or other agencies .

The police hereabouts have at their disposal a diverse range of vehicles from chav'd up Corsas at one end to some surprisingly high-end vehicles at the other .

The cops mentioned it on Motorway Cops - that they actually use some of the cars they seize to save money and act as a deterrent.

They had a recent Golf I think it was which they were using undercover.

I visit the Road Policing Unit every now and then , and know this to be true .

You just need to think of what you would least expect to be a police car , and they probably have one .

The days of being able to spot unmarked cars because they were all Morris Marinas , and nobody else in their right mind would be seen dead in one , are long gone .

They recently auctioned a seized Lambo for £200k or something.

But then my mate Dave cruises at 100 for entire journeys and has never been done for speeding on a motorway. However, he does have a huge willy so please don't bother commenting on rights/wrongs of it.

And you believe him - about the speed, and his willy (or have you first-hand experience of both? Sounds like you may have.) :rolleyes:

The best way is just to put false plates on your car I have Tony's reg (Def90 Cars).
And so far i have had no speeding tickets and raced loads of unmarked cars on the motorway.

Only kidding before anyone gets excited

The best way is just to put false plates on your car I have Tony's reg (Def90 Cars).
And so far i have had no speeding tickets and raced loads of unmarked cars on the motorway.

A good system, especially if the car is the same make. I have a set of your plates which I put on mine when I'm in a hurry. ;)

Only kidding before anyone gets excited

I may be as well...:confused:

I visit the Road Policing Unit every now and then , and know this to be true .

You just need to think of what you would least expect to be a police car , and they probably have one .

The days of being able to spot unmarked cars because they were all Morris Marinas , and nobody else in their right mind would be seen dead in one , are long gone .

Bloody good job too - makes sense the cops use what they seize.

Utterly amazed it happens truth be told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom