Misfire after rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zxrichie

Car
ML350
Hi Guys, got a ml 320 2001, and this annoying little problem. After a rainstorm, when i start it up it runs pretty poorly, when feeling the Exhaust it is a definite thump thump thump.. signs of a misfire? feels like it when driving.. Also if i stop and check exhaust its still the same. But, if i switch the ignition off, and restart, its running smoother, i can hear and feel it, Plus the exhaust is purring when i put my hand there.

Any ideas anyone. MAF maybe,? injector.? or something i haven't thought of. Oh, if i go out in the morning and there has been NO rain overnight, it starts perfect.

Regards

Rich

Needs plugging in to have the codes read. Ideally Star but for basic engine faults even a generic OBD tool should read most engine codes for a misfire.

Quite possibly a bad HT lead/coil.

Hi, The MAF was my first thought, now here is a really funny thing. while its running lumpy and missing, if i pull over and get out, lock her with the clicker, wait 2-3 seconds, and then open her up (all doors, not just the drivers as i did at first) fire her up and away she goes, no problems...

Work that one out!!

it really is bugging me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom