Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV deal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

My Mrs has been offered a car scheme by her employer, not a company car or cash for car scheme.

I've had a good look at it and it seems OK on the face of it, it's a fuel and go type deal. There is no deposit and it includes car tax, insurance, maintenance, tyres and so on.

The monthly payments are taken before tax/NI i.e. salary sacrifice.

Lots of the more desirable cars are predictably expensive given the type of scheme but one stands out. The BIK band for the above means that over two years the payments are £280 net which seems reasonable for a decent enough car.

Her commute is under 20 mile round trip through town and she goes to the office twice a week on average. I would use it for bumping about town as well and keep my W211 for longer trips.

I've no experience of the car or leasing so not sure if this is good or not, any views?

Given no deposit and what's included then that sounds good.

And a PHEV might even manage a decent portion of the commute on electric - so if you have the means to charge it then that should make it cheaper to run.

There's a new model coming out around now - I think the old one looks uninspiring but isn't offensive - the new one I think is a bit down to personal taste (touch of the Lexus to my eye).

IIRC I read that the claimed MPG is way too high, but real life they were achieving 70 to 80mpg.
But, that's still very good for a 4x4 type and at £280/month including the maintenance/tax/insurance/etc it's a good deal.
My L200 has been quite expensive to maintain at the main dealer. I've had 2 service plans for 3 yrs then 2 yrs. Even though the plans claim to save money they were still expensive to my mind

Suggest that your wife checks out the Mercedes C-Class 350e , like mine and growing number of us on here :)

Suggest that your wife checks out the Mercedes C-Class 350e , like mine and growing number of us on here :)

That's one of the first cars that I did check, they were quite expensive compared to the Outlander.

That's one of the first cars that I did check, they were quite expensive compared to the Outlander.

Ah that is a pity. I mentioned it because when I read of the NHS possible involvement I remembered that many 350e cars are being supplied to them via lease arrangements for staff.

Your wife will easily cover the commute on a charge, even better if she can charge at work but not really needed, you should get 20-22 miles of heavy town driving or up to 30 miles steady cruising on just the battery. So in theory for the work commute if she could charge at work for free it would cost nothing.

Looking on "Fuelly" most Mitsu PHEV owners get between 60-80mpg, the higher mileage owners get least advantage but if a commute is less than the EV range in effect you will never need to put petrol in!

There are a few PHEV owners on a forum that only use them for local driving and fill up the tank between 2000-4000 miles.......not too bad really ;)

The EV range on the 350e........:dk:

A buddy of mine has one of these. He works on the tools for one of the gas companies and I am pretty certain he told me he got it through his job. His wife works for the NHS so I may have mis-heard him.

Nice car nonetheless.

Theres lots of salary sacrifice schemes but beware affects pensionable salary contributions and NI contributions also.

We have a lot of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV on our fleet and have had trouble with everyone. real life electric range is 11 - 12 miles and mixed running only highest mpg 51. Had battery failures, charging lead disintegrates, charging issues.

Also have 350e real life electric range as low as 6 miles highest 12 miles, highest mpg 48

Also VW Golf GTE real life electric range 26 miles, highest mpg 116

Just thought I'd feed in some real life driving stats, performance will always vary according to driver style but is never anywhere near what the manufacturers claim

Theres lots of salary sacrifice schemes but beware affects pensionable salary contributions and NI contributions also.

We have a lot of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV on our fleet and have had trouble with everyone. real life electric range is 11 - 12 miles and mixed running only highest mpg 51. Had battery failures, charging lead disintegrates, charging issues.

Also have 350e real life electric range as low as 6 miles highest 12 miles, highest mpg 48

Also VW Golf GTE real life electric range 26 miles, highest mpg 116

Just thought I'd feed in some real life driving stats, performance will always vary according to driver style but is never anywhere near what the manufacturers claim

Of course there may be chooser users of this car that won't give a fig about the consumption figures you quote, in my own experience of the 350e the figure is much higher, they will simply wish to benefit from the 5% BIK number. For some companies I can imagine that the fleet admin will not question the fuel bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom