ML Window Trims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topdown

Car
E500
Hi,

The door window trim / rubbers have a clear tape which on mine water has got in behind. On one side I have peeled the tape off but cannot shift the remainder.

I did order replacements from the dealer but they have been on back order for months.

One solution was to use the CKS performance stick on Chrome Trims but still need to get the old tape off as the top edge shows with the trims.

Any ideas how to get the tape off, replace the tape to show shiny black again.

See Pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3323.JPG
    IMG_3323.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3325.JPG
    IMG_3325.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 16
If they are similar to mine on my B Class, they are relatively easy to remove and replace with new ones. The door skin has a top lip which the trims just sit on. Only technical bit may or may not be removal of the door mirror. To remove, take off the end caps and use a small screwdriver to carefully prise the lippings off the door. There is a Youtube video, but I cannot find it. I saw it when I did mine.

Last edited:
I just repaired one on my ML same problem.
Remove it, it lifts up off the door, strip the clear off with a sharp blade and sand it down with 400 and then 800 so it clean matt black plastic, them mask the rubber and spray with clear lacquer, it will look like new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom