ML270 CDI 6 speed manual 2001 mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charliefarlie

Car
mercedes C250 diesel estate plus a sprinter 312 camper G wagen xv750trike yamxj750 maxim
Hi All
Have just joined your club tonight , i found the club via good ole google .
Am seeking a bit of info re the ML270 CDI 6 speed manual gearbox model , plenty of info regarding the automatic but none for the manual gearbox , haveing just bought the car and havent as yet started to use it i would like to know the mileage i can expect from it , i dont drive fast nor heavy footed dont normally go much faster than 50mph unless on motoraway which here is 70 mph , i live in the sticks honest but need a 4x4 as live up a dirt track my other vehicles are 2 sprinters which have good ground clearance and great vehicles am a merc fanatic you could say .
thanks in advance for any usefull info .
charliefarlie newbie

Sorry chap - I lost my manners.

Welcome to the forum...

I think I dived in too quickly trying to find info about your car!

Welcome and thanks for making me exercise my mind (and google) as to where I knew Charlie Farlie from..............

Welcome and thanks for making me exercise my mind (and google) as to where I knew Charlie Farlie from..............

The two Ronnies?

Welcome by the way :thumb:

My ML 270 Diesel with an auto gearbox does 30mpg,

Note: 120miles (work and back!!) over 4 days and 74 litres of diesel =£100. or 30mpg if my maths is correct!!
Note2: It's mostly 'A' road not dual carriageways and no motorways!

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

My ML 270 Diesel with an auto gearbox does 30mpg,

Note: 120miles (work and back!!) over 4 days and 74 litres of diesel =£100. or 30mpg if my maths is correct!!
Note2: It's mostly 'A' road not dual carriageways and no motorways!

The same site I posted the above on states 29mpg for the auto - so it sounds right and is not far off the manual at all.

I guess the OP prefers manuels...

Hello All
Thanks for a warm welcome , have since been driveing the ml270 did of course find some faults now rectified very simply by getting it plugged in and the computor tells you the problem strait away . have also found its jolly good on diesel average is 38/40 mpg but then i dont drive fast like most people as every penny counts esp if am paying for it , i have 2 sprinters 1 is a tipper and its mpg is approx 35 mpg whether loaded or empty my other 1 is a camper and it does approx 40 plus mpg both are 312 5 cyclender turbo diesels with below average mileages . great machines mercs . thanks again charliefarlie

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You get 40 mpg out of a 312? What's your secret?

Mine did 28 mpg or 32 mpg if I drove I had 11 points :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom