ML270 Comand - Nokia to Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
Hi
Ive put a deposit on an ML270 with a Comand unit, it has a Nokia cradle. Picking the car up Wednesday so cant have a good fiddle until then.

I see on eBay people selling Comand Bluetooth adapters for £20. My question is, on a 2003 ML270 is it as simple as pop out the radio, unplug the Nokia unit and plug in the bluetooth adapter?

Thanks
Louis

Hi,
Can you put up a link to one of these Bluetooth units?
I think the Bluetooth units you are referring to our for streaming music to the Aux function of the Command unit.
To connect your phone you will need a Bluetooth unit such as a Viseeo MB-4.

Hi,
Can you put up a link to one of these Bluetooth units?
I think the Bluetooth units you are referring to our for streaming music to the Aux function of the Command unit.
To connect your phone you will need a Bluetooth unit such as a Viseeo MB-4.

Ah yes you are right, just audio. Is the Viseeo MB-4 one of those units that sits in the cradle or does it replace it?

The cradle is ugly and old fashioned, if I remove it and go without phone connectivity does the cradle plug into the comand unit or is there another box inbetween the Comand and the Nokia Cradle?

Cheers

Hi,
The Viseeo MB-4 replaces the cradle.
A friend of mine has a ML270CDI with Command, he has the phone connector on an additional console on the side of the main centre console, I replaced his cradle with my Viseeo MB-4, and it worked perfectly.
If his car was mine I think I would resite his connector into the centre console like it is on most of the MB range, and remove the phone specific console on the side of the centre console.

The nokia cradle thats mounted on my dash is Nokia branded and I dont think the integrated one. Ive read all ML's have the wiring in the arm rest? DonI need to takenit apart to locate the connector?

Ta

......Ive read all ML's have the wiring in the arm rest? Do I need to takenit apart to locate the connector? .......
Ta

I'd be interested to learn this too :)

My Comand Userguide doesnt mention armrest cradles, but does show photos of Nokia dash mounted cradles, but they look different to mine.

Its the Nokia MCC-1 quick Google lools like it is not a Comand component.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom