ML270 limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard205

Car
Mercedes ML270cdi
Hi all,

Just got back from a 1200 mile trip to Centre Parcs in France, all at a rather reduced pace due to the ML going on limp mode the day before we were due to leave!
Had no other choice but to take her as there were 7 of us. It survived the trip and even managed 26 mpg with a roof bag.
I've booked her into Three Points tomorrow to see if they can sort it. They were very helpful and have arranged a courtesy car to make the whole process less painful.

Fingers crossed it's something straightforward.

I'll let you know what they find and how well Three Points perform.

Cheers.
Rich

Hi all,

Just got back from a 1200 mile trip to Centre Parcs in France, all at a rather reduced pace due to the ML going on limp mode the day before we were due to leave!
Had no other choice but to take her as there were 7 of us. It survived the trip and even managed 26 mpg with a roof bag.
I've booked her into Three Points tomorrow to see if they can sort it. They were very helpful and have arranged a courtesy car to make the whole process less painful.

Fingers crossed it's something straightforward.

I'll let you know what they find and how well Three Points perform.

Cheers.
Rich

Hopefully, something as simple as the maf faulty.

Good news, it was the MAF sensor, so looking forward to having it driving properly again. Seemed odd driving the B class courtesy car after the ML. Going to collect it in the morning.
Bad news they identified a whine from the rear of the car which he was going to investigate. I'd notice something but couldn't put my finger on what or where it was coming from. I'm due a service soon so will try and combine both depending on what he says tomorrow.

The "stickie" was useful so thanks for that.

Cheers .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom