ml270 no boost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kie010

Car
ml270 cdi 2002
I m new to this so will give as much information as I can, sorry if it's too much but better than too little.
bought a 2002 ml 270 cdi was running absolutely fine it then lost power twice while mother in law was driving she pulled over stopped and started and was fine again, the last time it lost power it has not fixed itself
I am presuming this may be coincidental but the water level light came on and has stayed on since it last lost power?
I have read information that it could be maf, swirl flaps etc but am just trying to get an idea before I start playing around with it,
1) do swirl flaps move whilestationary
2) if maf is faulty will flaps operate as normal
3) turbo is not making any usual boost noise
4) no warning lights on dash other than water level
5) when you turn engine off it sucks in a lot of air on the intercooler pipe which is attached to the pipe assembly on rear of turbo?

also I am curious as to how the maf would stop the turbo boosting, year know it is common but how does it cause this
many thanks to those who are able to advise :thumb:

Last edited:
Before you do anything get it plugged into a Star.

mother in lAw had unplugged in at a back street garage they said air flow problem and told her they replaced a sensor, maf has not been replaced, will be getting it on a star in two weeks but just trying to find out as much I can in meantime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom