Ml300cdi real world mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
Can any present/past ml300cdi owners give me the real world average mpg over a tank please(interested in a ml300cdi 2011,will be mainly urban/extra urban journeys,some 100 each way twice a month and a daily roundtrip Monday-Friday of 20 miles involving 4 stops during),thanks for any help!

I had a 2011 ML350 and it used to do about 28 on average, maybe 31 on a long run. Suspect the 300 is very similar.

I had a 2011 ML350 and it used to do about 28 on average, maybe 31 on a long run. Suspect the 300 is very similar.

Hi there Mart,many thanks for your feedback,looking at a grand edition(love the spec), that's about the mpg I was hoping for,what did you think of your ml,any issues?

Hi there Mart,many thanks for your feedback,looking at a grand edition(love the spec), that's about the mpg I was hoping for,what did you think of your ml,any issues?

No issues really, it was a great car, wish I still had it!

I much prefer the 2011 GE to the later model. I still can't quite get to grips with the 'boat like' look of the W166, as the wheels always look too small, even if there 20 inchers. The bicolours on the W165 GE look great.

In 2 1/2 years and 35K, I had no faults at all.

It had an issue with the LED DRL's, but his was more of a software issue and may have been corrected by a more recent update. Basically, if you enabled the DRL's it affected the auto headlights, whereby they became too sensitive to changes in ambient light, switching on and off, as you drove along a tree lined avenue for example.

If you disabled the DRL's, the auto headlights worked as normal.

It was a hot topic on the Canadian forums at the time, but I don't think enough GE's had been sold in the UK for many users to even notice the issue. MB UK of course refused to accept it was an issue.

No issues really, it was a great car, wish I still had it!

I much prefer the 2011 GE to the later model. I still can't quite get to grips with the 'boat like' look of the W166, as the wheels always look too small, even if there 20 inchers. The bicolours on the W165 GE look great.

In 2 1/2 years and 35K, I had no faults at all.

It had an issue with the LED DRL's, but his was more of a software issue and may have been corrected by a more recent update. Basically, if you enabled the DRL's it affected the auto headlights, whereby they became too sensitive to changes in ambient light, switching on and off, as you drove along a tree lined avenue for example.

If you disabled the DRL's, the auto headlights worked as normal.

It was a hot topic on the Canadian forums at the time, but I don't think enough GE's had been sold in the UK for many users to even notice the issue. MB UK of course refused to accept it was an issue.

Thanks again for the feedback-interesting that all grand edition owners that have reviewed their ownership experiences regret selling!,like you I don't like the shape of the w166,looking forward to test driving and viewing the car Saturday.

Thanks again for the feedback-interesting that all grand edition owners that have reviewed their ownership experiences regret selling!,like you I don't like the shape of the w166,looking forward to test driving and viewing the car Saturday.

Yeah and what made it worse was that it was unblemished in those 2 1/2 years.

Whoever bought it got the best example possible, unmarked original alloys, never a dent of scratch on the Diamond White, maybe only a couple of minor (touched up) stone chips.

I'd never manage to find such a good example if I was looking to buy again!

:wallbash:

Yeah and what made it worse was that it was unblemished in those 2 1/2 years.

Whoever bought it got the best example possible, unmarked original alloys, never a dent of scratch on the Diamond White, maybe only a couple of minor (touched up) stone chips.

I'd never manage to find such a good example if I was looking to buy again!

:wallbash:

Always the way-tha car I'm looking at is iridium silver and the walk round video shows un kerbed alloys all round and no dings or scratches(car is 5 years old,November 2011 so has some fine surface rust on the arches-seems to be a weak spot on ml's once they're over 3 years old,big wheels throwing stones up I suppose?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom