Ml55 ac fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sbk1972

Hi all

Been watching a liad if differebt ml videos on youtube. Ive noticed that all these mls have fans on the side of the rad facing the front of the car i.e if you open the bonnet and look you will see 2 fans infront of the rad. On my 2003 ml i dont have these fans. Do uk cars have fans there ? Am I missing them

Simon

You are missing them!
B50015000273.050623.png

What doe these front fans do ? Are these for the AC ? I think that a previous owner has rigged up that whwn the AC condenser needs cooling that it uses the electric engine fan. Definitely think the previous owners have done some sort of modification. Damn

Your main engine fan should be viscous coupled & engine driven, so unlikely. Has the car been involved in a front end accident?
B50015000315.011205.png

Are you sure that diagram is for a ml55 ? I did a search on ebay and these dual fans are for ml430 and below. If i search for ac fans for ml500 and ml55 then I see one single larger fan.

Can someone who has a ml55 in the UK take a pic or confirm if they have two AC fans infront of the radiator ?

Simon

My car is with Mercedes at the moment or I would go and check. But i am sure I can hear electric fans come when i put the AC on or when the car heats up.

I wouldnt be surprised if it has had a frontal hit. Noticed some yellow writing on the headlights. I need to meet up with a uk ml55 owner and compare what is missing

I'm going by our previous 2001 ML55 chassis code 163.174 which had a pair of fans in front of the a/c rad & a large engine driven fan. Great reliable beast, but liked a drink far too much.

Yellow writing on a part usually indicates a used part from a breaker.

Sorry can't be anymore help, but I'm sure someone will come along soon to confirm.

Thanks Coal. Yep ahe does like a drink :) ive only had her a month and am trying togo through and service / replace / fix everything. I love her but drive slowly most of the time now :)

The best of luck.

I was going to have an LPG system fitted, but went for a newer, more economical replacement instead. We were bordering on single-figure mpg with her driving while on the school run in the week and she's started complaining that the squeaks, creaks and groans, mostly from the suspension are getting louder, cue big hint that we need a new car.

While it always started and never let us down, I don't think the build quality was that great.

You have one electric fan behind the rad, thats all.

jib

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom