ML63 2012 retro fits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
ML63 coming in a couple of weeks now so looking at fitting the missing bits I have on my 164.
First is cooled seats, I will miss that, looking on epc and have most parts on a quote at parts, seat harness supports the wiring I think so might be plug and play after coding, the dash switch has a lot of choice on epc so after data card update will make it easer to find the right one.
Anyone done this?
Also might be nice is heated and cooled cup holders, I see Richard did it in his.
I have found the harness and switch but looks like its the unit with popular wood trims might be very expensive to swap.

No, it might be something I will add, after market heat pads.
It does have a ski load in the back seat that's handy!

I have the heated and cooled front seats if you need me to poke about in anything.

I would be interested in following the cup upgrade as this appealed to me for longer journey's as well. If you get the parts or a good source I would be keen to do mine if you have time to share the details etc.

Edited: Wrong thread :doh:

We have it on our W166 and it's performed faultlessly for more than 12 months, never flashed even once. It even worked when the lights were switched to traffic on the right whilst driving on the continent, which I wasn't expecting.

Last edited:
I have the heated and cooled front seats if you need me to poke about in anything.

I would be interested in following the cup upgrade as this appealed to me for longer journey's as well. If you get the parts or a good source I would be keen to do mine if you have time to share the details etc.

Thanks for that, pm me your vin so I can see the right switch pack.
I have the parts list for the cup holders and will have the price in the morning.

Cooled seats will need
a) leather with holes in (may have already especially if ML63)
b) different heated seat pads in the seats (which basically need to let the air through) (and this was why I didn't do this)
c) All the fans and possibly make some wiring to go to the seat control module if not there already - technically it needs new seat foam but I would just cut the existing
d) switch pack
e) coding

Cheers

Richard

Just had the back of a seat and it's all marked out for the fans and wiring is there to plug and play, had cut the sponge and although it's not perforated air with a hair driver does pass out through the seat.
I will order the fans and see how they work.
Around £120 a seat set for the fans but yet to find the part number for the switch pack.

Zenman, PM me your VIN and i'll work out the switch pack part number for you

Richard

Made some progress on this, Richard kindly found me the part number for the switch and I have that coming.
I am adding the P30 parts and will see if I can update the data card on it.
Brakes have a different part number for some reason and will fit them anyway as not long left on the discs,steering wheel is factory fitted and just fitted the carbon engine cover.
It will be interesting to see if I can get the p30 on the data card and see if it ups the power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3989e36e0b2e0dbb1bb403948d3fdd3d.jpg

Made some progress on this, Richard kindly found me the part number for the switch and I have that coming.
I am adding the P30 parts and will see if I can update the data card on it.
Brakes have a different part number for some reason and will fit them anyway as not long left on the discs,steering wheel is factory fitted and just fitted the carbon engine cover.
It will be interesting to see if I can get the p30 on the data card and see if it ups the power.

Just had the reply from MB, you cannot add P30 to the data card but did get the B14 carbon engine cover added.
It does seem odd but I guess its over a 6K option!

Hi any chance on a picture of the wiring coming out the carpet to the rear seats with the base folded.

If I remember correctly (99% likely) it comes out by the outer hinges on each side, and the connectors are clipped by the hingees.

Cupholder: needs the heated cupholder mechanism and a new centre console wiring loom, then you need to add power wiring from the connector to the fusebox.

Cheers
RIchard

Some more progress on this now, fans coming and switch pack fitted.
c55852de048dd0933f128ae3f51e422b.jpg
c19450cba89f0f5672df267f1f84e75b.jpg
850b78381e34a96bf0a27ff3f63a9636.jpg
effe1ff1dcec1a52f536c4b5b317075c.jpg
88429193c4e87db7f31a04caf22f952c.jpg
5d97b9876cba85523135b2f1411a8ad4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom