Mobile 'smart' Wheel Refurbishment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Has anyone used a 'smart' mobile alloy refurbishment company?

Going down to Lepsons or the likes is difficult for me due to not having a spare set of wheels and hesistating to leave the car with them.

This mobile company claim to carry out everything the same day within 5-6 hours and their before and after images on their website look amazing...

See their YouTube video showing the process they use: [YOUTUBE HD]4nDbF64TXag[/YOUTUBE HD]

Been quoted £240 for the set of 4, however it will be a 'face only' refurb..

What do you guys think?

Lepsons want £310 + Vat hence around £380... and a lot of hassle.

Photos of these guys work: https://m.facebook.com/pg/Smart-All...id=217502001744110&ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Let me know what you guys think,

Cheers
Abs

Last edited:
I paid about £65 per wheel for wheel straightening, black powder coat, diamond cut from these guys:

Contact Alloy Wheel Repair and Refurbish London W7 3TU

I think it makes an onsite wheel repair look quite expensive - they will do a full condition check including crack inspection after they've been dipped. They even lent me a set of (non-refurbed and well fubared AMG 18" alloys FOC so I could drive myself away).

I used one like that, though much cheaper (£160) as a colour change option on previously (two years prior) refurbed wheels.
Sold the car about a year later, and the wheels were still fine:

33176169945_2fa8cb504b_o.jpg

I can find the details of the chap (local) and PM to you, if you want?
The price might have gone up I suppose, it was in 2014.

I used one like that, though much cheaper (£160) as a colour change option on previously (two years prior) refurbed wheels.
Sold the car about a year later, and the wheels were still fine:

33176169945_2fa8cb504b_o.jpg

I can find the details of the chap (local) and PM to you, if you want?
The price might have gone up I suppose, it was in 2014.

Yes please. Greatly appreciated!

PM sent :D

I saw some examples of Lepson's work at an Indy.
V. impressed!
Looked OEM, indeed they could be better!
I don't think a mobile franchised service could compare.

Just asked for a quote for 8 wheels from that chap in Northampton. Will see what he comes back with.

Got another guy who can remove the wheels, spray at the booth and return them the next day. Can do weekend too. Will call him tomorrow for a price.

Oh yeah, I forgot they do the loan wheels too - was only thinking about their swap service, that I used ...

If you don't mind two trips to London, it might be a good option too?

The quality of work is certainly excellent.

I think I will go with Davids suggestion, seems perfect for me as mine arn't buckled.

Will post photos once done,
Cheers guys

Oh yeah, I forgot they do the loan wheels too - was only thinking about their swap service, that I used ...

If you don't mind two trips to London, it might be a good option too?

The quality of work is certainly excellent.

Yeh, I'll see what Ben says and make final call. To be honest Ben seems the best bet seeing as hes local and mine arn't buckled (hopefully ;))

Heres the current state of my alloys

Let my mum drive my car for a few weeks :wallbash:

alloy 1.jpg

alloy 2.jpg

alloy 3.jpg

alloy 4.jpg

That's not going to be a problem for Ben to fix, and you have no corrosion, so really no need to strip the existing coating.

:thumb:

That's not going to be a problem for Ben to fix, and you have no corrosion, so really no need to strip the existing coating.

:thumb:

Brilliant sent him a text.

Many thanks again for your help :)

No they are 17" but not fussed as only on for 3 days

Ah okay fair enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom