Modern Classics magazine needs a W211 saloon E63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Modern Classics

Car
Mercedes W123
Hello, it's Nathan here from Modern Classics magazine.

We're looking for a Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 saloon W221 for huge feature on attainable super saloons. The premise of the feature is mid 2000s Supersaloons from £15k-£30k, and we'd like AMG to be part of the equation.
We’re looking to shoot the cars at Peterborough Arena on Wednesday, March 15. We'll refund fuel receipts, provide food and the owner will get a free copy of the magazine on publication and a selection of images. A journalist will drive the car on the day, but it will be fully insured by our publisher.
The day will start at around 9am and will continue to around 5pm.

Do you know of anyone who may be able to help? Let me know at [email protected]
Because I've not passed 30 PMs (yet... I'm currently trying to sell a W123 230C M115.954...) I won't be able to respond to those, so it's best to drop me an email.

Also, if you've got any AMG-specific event news you'd like us to put in our Grapevine section, please get in touch.

Oh and I hope this is okay with the mods - but keep an eye out for the cover of the next issue. Should be right up your strasse... ;)

Thanks
Nathan Chadwick
Assistant Editor
Modern Classics magazine

Hello there.

Just a quick post to say I really like the magazine, it brings back all sorts of motoring memories. Keep up the good work.

While it's not an AMG specific event, the Benz on the Green (See the Events section) event is well worth promoting as a great example of Mercedes owners coming together for a good cause.

BTW the magazine has become a regular purchase for me these last few months. keep up the good work.

Hello there.

Just a quick post to say I really like the magazine, it brings back all sorts of motoring memories. Keep up the good work.

Thankyou John! Did you see the CLK63/S70 features? What did you make of them, if so?

Also, just to point out to anyone who spotted the mistake in the original post, we're looking for a W211 E63, not a W221.

While it's not an AMG specific event, the Benz on the Green (See the Events section) event is well worth promoting as a great example of Mercedes owners coming together for a good cause.

BTW the magazine has become a regular purchase for me these last few months. keep up the good work.

Thankyou Greg, I'll take a look.

Actually if any board members reading this would like to appear in our Your Drives section, drop us an email at [email protected]

Hello, it's Nathan here from Modern Classics magazine.

We're looking for a Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 saloon W221 for huge feature on attainable super saloons. The premise of the feature is mid 2000s Supersaloons from £15k-£30k, and we'd like AMG to be part of the equation.
We’re looking to shoot the cars at Peterborough Arena on Wednesday, March 15. We'll refund fuel receipts, provide food and the owner will get a free copy of the magazine on publication and a selection of images. A journalist will drive the car on the day, but it will be fully insured by our publisher.
The day will start at around 9am and will continue to around 5pm.

Do you know of anyone who may be able to help? Let me know at [email protected]
Because I've not passed 30 PMs (yet... I'm currently trying to sell a W123 230C M115.954...) I won't be able to respond to those, so it's best to drop me an email.

Also, if you've got any AMG-specific event news you'd like us to put in our Grapevine section, please get in touch.

Oh and I hope this is okay with the mods - but keep an eye out for the cover of the next issue. Should be right up your strasse... ;)

Thanks
Nathan Chadwick
Assistant Editor
Modern Classics magazine

I know this will be an inflammatory opinion of mine, to some here, but feel the need to ask, wondering why your focussed on the 211 N/A 63 for your article, if I wanted to read up on a later AMG of E class nature, it would be the 63 (55TT) model. The previous E55K was also a more involving car, for modding and performance upgrading over the NA 63, but could well understand that car has had it,s day date wise to your requirements. No offence intended to you W211 63 owners, just me needing to ask the question to OP;).

I know this will be an inflammatory opinion of mine, to some here, but feel the need to ask, wondering why your focussed on the 211 N/A 63 for your article, if I wanted to read up on a later AMG of E class nature, it would be the 63 (55TT) model. The previous E55K was also a more involving car, for modding and performance upgrading over the NA 63, but could well understand that car has had it,s day date wise to your requirements. No offence intended to you W211 63 owners, just me needing to ask the question to OP;).

Hello Ricky – we've gone with the E63 because it was the ultimate of that era – the other cars we've chosen are the ultimate from their chosen lines. With regards to E55s, if you like W210s you will enjoy the next issue ;).
In terms of the E211 I notice you have one – would you be interested in featuring in our Your Drives section? We feel it's time for AMGs to get more exposure, this year more than any other...

Hello Ricky – we've gone with the E63 because it was the ultimate of that era – the other cars we've chosen are the ultimate from their chosen lines. With regards to E55s, if you like W210s you will enjoy the next issue ;).
In terms of the E211 I notice you have one – would you be interested in featuring in our Your Drives section? We feel it's time for AMGs to get more exposure, this year more than any other...

I have a 2007 CLS63 AMG if you would like to use that?

Hi, my own car is an 06 plated W211 E55K (model ran from 02-06), with a few modifications, not overly sure what you are hunting for, regards your proposed article, but had assumed from your OP, it was for a standard car, and as you selected the W211 E63, (model ran 06-09 I believe) but would be interested if it were something you are looking for with my own model of car.;)

Hi Modern Classics,

Just to say that I have been purchasing your mag since it's inception.

It is by far the best the best motoring mag out there that deals with classics....very well written and interesting !!!

Well done !:thumb:

Any thoughts on the latest issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom