Moment of madness!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dapman

Car
A Class Sport
I know many of you will understand this!!

I was the proud owner of a C Class W204 silver, leather, 2.0L petrol auto for several years.
I then had my moment and traded for a pretty cool Audi A3 59 plate, from the moment I took delivery I really started to miss the quality, the drive, the comfort and the things that you know what I mean!!! Why did I do it??

5 weeks passed and I was not happy and things did not improve!
The doctor could not understand why I had put myself through all this unnecessary stress and depression!
He said there was a pretty quick fix, medication was NOT the answer, counselling could help, driving pass the main dealership would only prolong the pain.
He prescribed that I purchase another C Class and quickly, so I am now the happy owner of a 220 CDI auto saloon Sport, this action has made me feel better, the stress has dissolved, I have my smile back, and friends and family have seen a vast difference in my mood and general well being!

My message is this...... If you are thinking of having a moment of madness then think carefully, don't go over to the dark side and please think before you change!!

We are all very fortunate to own the envy of many and second to none!

Here endeth the message!

Thank you.

You should have come on here before you bought the Audi and we could have shown you the error of your ways...

Never mind, you're back, which is the main thing.

I feel your pain, I sold my W124 300D to get a "decent car" the wife said, ended up buying a 2007 VW Passat do not really like it and just cost me a £1000 to get through the MOT with only 58,000 carefull miles on it.
Still have some Mercs under my belt at work but would really like to get a CLS for personal use.

When I saw the thread title I thought you'd been caught making new friends on Clapham Common.

You're so right. I sold my 2003 clk55 amg to illy in March and got an A5 Audi 3ltr tdi. On paper its similar performance but in reality it's not anywhere as near as enjoyable to drive.

It's easily done. I gave up my beloved C180 Estate Avantgarde Sport for a Volvo XC90 D5, which was quickly followed by a brief foray into a 320d Sport Estate that lasted precisely 6 months before normal service was restored. ML Edition 10 now proudly sits in the drive (recently joined by a new C350 Coupe).

I've been there and learnt from my mistake.

Mine was a BMW - I put up with it for 18 months. By the end I hated that car with a passion. Back to MB for 3 years now and a very happy bunny.

Every now and again my eyes stray but I remember and say never again !

VW Passat just cost me £1000 to get through the MOT with only 58,000 carefull miles on it.

What are careful miles?

I know what you mean. Despite the many woes I have with my B200 Turbo theres something about it I really like. I cant put my finger on it but theres just something about it.

I've been there and learnt from my mistake.

Mine was a BMW - I put up with it for 18 months. By the end I hated that car with a passion. Back to MB for 3 years now and a very happy bunny.

Every now and again my eyes stray but I remember and say never again !

I have heard some pretty sobering stories about recent 4 cylinder BMWs as well. Good to hear about your experience with Mercedes. I would still buy another Merc but is there a year onwards when they build them without rust issues or are the 2010, 2011 and 2012 models built in the same way?

I have heard some pretty sobering stories about recent 4 cylinder BMWs as well. Good to hear about your experience with Mercedes. I would still buy another Merc but is there a year onwards when they build them without rust issues or are the 2010, 2011 and 2012 models built in the same way?

People will say these will be fine, but its because they are too new to show issues yet.

Look at the wheel arch liner. Its a felt material so will trap water and coupled with a wheel arch that has a small gap between that and its liner for dirt to get trapped, then with vibrations take off the paint slowly as its driven, then rust is only a matter of time away.

'Audi' you best cure the condition from which you are suffering? ''Take your 'Mercedication' like a good boy'', and all will be fine offered the Doctor....

S

Only just bought my first Mercedes clk500 and I love it. Now i know what all the fuss is about.

Already thinking of a c63 as the next car, but that will have to wait.

Giving up a c-class for an A3? Never a good idea :)

A3 doesn't match a c-class, neither does an A4 from experience. A5 maybe ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom