More gardening!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
:D

Hi, again!
Saw this plant at a friends today and I quite like it, so question is can I take a cutting? what time of the year is best to do this?

Pic026-1.jpg

Pic027.jpg

Castor oil plant?

Correction - Fastia Japonica

If you like that type of plant (whitenemesis is dead on with his ID) try a web site called www.futureprimitive.co.uk Only a small set up but that plant is/was available through them. (Other websites are available, this has no connection with me other than that I am a satisfied customer, more than once)

Most garden centres and the likes of Homebase/B&Q sometime have them in.

HTH
Mark

Japonica or fig leaf plant is what i call them. Bought from Architectural Plants in Sussex (a great place)

Japonica or fig leaf plant is what i call them. Bought from Architectural Plants in Sussex (a great place)

Is that correct? Not sure it's the same thing..

probably not! definitely Fatsia Japonica, maybe not the fig leaf bit :eek:

It's green and leafy. That's about my limit, it's Mrs WN whit the knowledge :)

I know bugger all about plants but it looks the part. I just got a small monkey puzzle tree from a relative which I love. We just accept any kind of cool looking plants/trees from friends and family and have no idea what they're called...latin name or otherwise!
Pah, the youth of today :)

Take a hardwood cutting at the start of the growing season that should do it, a piece with 3 or 4 old leaf joints. We can propagate vines in the same way you should know in about 3 weeks if it works. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom