Most terrifying Work in Progress image ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
dash.jpg

Considering he only set out to change a bulb behind the heater controls,
I think we can safely say that his supper has gone cold - in more ways than one!

(Click to enlarge)

Wow I hope nobody was hurt when this accident occured

This was mine after I dropped a sixpence down the heater. That's enough for two curries at the Yadgar.

Good job it wasn`t a £1 coin Druk , you would have probably turned the car upside down to get that back!

I bet all you guys had screws or parts left over when you put it all back together!

Or you have one small part left on the bench you forgot about and think oh sh!t it all has to come out again! :wallbash:

Hi Druk,

It certainly looks like a well planned operation - congratulations!

Cheers,

Paul

Druk, did you ever discover where your pet slow-worm was hiding?

I bet all you guys had screws or parts left over when you put it all back together!

Nope - when I did the heater matrix on my 190 , I just followed the instructions in the Haynes manual , everything came out exactly as instructed and went back with no bits left over :)

When I had a heater matrix block in the past, it was cheaper and less trouble to write the car off!

I got the car cheap because of the leak , cost me £50 odds and a day of my time to put right .

Facelifting dash:

help1.jpg

And then again to fit a Cupholder: :D

IMG_20130615_191648_zpsb1d5ebcb.jpg

Quad1_zps0f3d6d11.jpg

Soft top clk with an air blend flap fault.

Before/after

422cfa976c14707e0899957cc6be12ce_zpsa8706a0e.jpg

During...

bfd822c4d92a4f02e75a68ff037033e5_zpsa6460756.jpg

Gosh, this thread makes me yearn for the simplicity of my old Morris 1000. Ok, it had no brakes to speak of, or floor, and the rear wing fell off when I took it through a carwash, but you could fix most things in about 10 minutes!

Gosh, this thread makes me yearn for the simplicity of my old Morris 1000. Ok, it had no brakes to speak of, or floor, and the rear wing fell off when I took it through a carwash, but you could fix most things in about 10 minutes!

Ah! But you didn't have the luxury of air-blend flaps :eek:

Yes, from memory, 1/4 lights were quite an efficient way of getting air into the car. So was the previously-alluded to holy floor, which had the exciting added benefit of directing puddles straight up my right trouser leg whenever it rained.

We didn't need silly air-blend flaps in those days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom