Mot reminders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
I went to tax the SL and the automated service said it didn't have an MOT !!

Indignantly I got the file out and blow me it ran out in November, I bought the car last feb and assumed 12m mot. Assumptions hey! Well it's not been used and I have booked it in for Monday with no issues expected.

Don't they send mot reminders anymore ?

AFAIK there has never been official MOT reminders, some main dealers send out reminders if you buy used/new.. not something to rely on though.

They never did send MOT reminders, only Tax.

nope.

Do you use the guys in Hoylake?

I think it would be good if MOT reminders got sent like tax reminders.

Would also enable the DVLA to track cars that do not have an MOT and potentially dish out warning letters or fines even to people who have not SORN the vehicle off road.

This will mean fewer unsafe vehicles on the roads.

I went to tax the SL and the automated service said it didn't have an MOT !!

Indignantly I got the file out and blow me it ran out in November, I bought the car last feb and assumed 12m mot. Assumptions hey! Well it's not been used and I have booked it in for Monday with no issues expected.

Don't they send mot reminders anymore ?

No, they don't send out reminders. I've been caught out like this before although I luckily found out before trying to re-tax. It's happened to my parents too so, I guess reminders would be useful, as suggested above it could become a revenue stream too. However the adminsistration costs could be scary.

Not heared about the text reminders - will look into that...

The place I used to use always sent a reminder, presumably to get the business. I've never had an 'official' one though.

A210AMG said:
nope.

Do you use the guys in Hoylake?

Embarrassingly I cant remember the last car I mot'd , I either sell after 6 months or so or have a newish one.

I had intended to drop the SL into rob and Steve's for a once over and lube extra service and mot but its now booked into The nearest place for noon Monday.

I need to get it taxed by month end so speed is of the Essence

Do people not have notes in diaries any more, or do these new fangled phone cum computer thingys find such a task beyond them :D

artyman said:
Do people not have notes in diaries any more, or do these new fangled phone cum computer thingys find such a task beyond them :D

Car bought 11 months ago with mot, I assumed 12 months but it was 9 months - silly me.

There has never been reminders however now the goverment do a SMS text reminder (for a small charge)

Direct GOV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom