Motaquip LVXL 1073 Brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim203

Couldn't post on brakes section as app needs updating for iPhone (apparently)

Bought the above pads for the sport package calipers on my 203. They are 122 mm wide with anti-squeal shims and DO NOT FIT. Fortunately I have a milling machine so can machine them down. Should be 120mm overall width!

Fitting kit. Just to round off the day there are two fitting kits for Brembo calipers, 107220438 are for sports package and AMG cars while the 10722 0248 for sports suspension. The latter of course are the ones I should have bought. You can distinguish the difference on the caliper as it has a smaller diameter hole on the outside edge approx. 3mm and not 5mm. Hope this is useful for people doing a pad change. Getting the old pins out ( if they are seized) requires an angle grinder with a 1mm slitting disc. Cut through the pins and retaining clip either side of the pads being careful not to damage the pistons or gaiters. They will then drift out wit a pin punch. The pins are inserted from inboard -out so drift out from outside in. If you are planning on changing pads invest in the fitting kit as a matter of course as the chances are the old ones will be stuck in tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom