MotoGP 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
The first race finished earlier and any fan of MotoGP would have enjoyed that.

Marc Marquez narrowly beat Valentino Rossi and hopefully the start of a decent season's racing.

Well it would be a decent season if it hadn't moved to BT and stayed on BBC :(

All on TV here in Aus :)

Can the BBC afford to air any sport programmes these days ?

I don't know why we pay our licence fee.

Who is that terrible woman presenting it ? :ban:

I've just Googled her. Her claim to fame was she fronted the Boddinton's beer advert a hundred years ago. Sums BT Sport up. Talk about scrapping the Barrel :D

Last edited:
I'm no fan of PPV TV, but quite frankly the BBC have been doing a carp job of televising MotoGP for the last few years.

They basically hid it away, they routinely bumped MotoGP coverage for other sports that were overrunning (e.g. cricket matches), had little or no coverage of Moto2 or 3, and in general did a half-ar5ed job of it.

At least BT Sport are providing full coverage of the event.

Who is that terrible woman presenting it ?
I'm not sure she's any less qualified to do the pitlane stuff than Matt Roberts was, so where's the problem? The only good bits of the BBC commentary team in the last season were Charlie Cox and Stavros.

When did the BBC last bump Moto GP for cricket?

Clue: The BBC last televised a cricket match in 1999.

They also covered Moto2 and Moto3 usually on the Red Button, I used to video the lot and have a major viewing session, perhaps a bit less footy and show other sports, sailing never gets much coverage. What about the Extreme 4o series that Ben Ainslie is contesting, that would make good viewing.

I'm a bit wary about downloading these torrent programs.

When did the BBC last bump Moto GP for cricket?

Clue: The BBC last televised a cricket match in 1999.
Sorry, it must have been tennis - or some other bat-and-ball "sport" I have zero interest in...

Given the money BT have thrown at this I thought the BBC did a much better job, they were just knobbled by scheduling.

BT have a dreadful team presenting it, the commentary was painful to listen to (thought they were getting Julien Ryder who is much better than those two) and Melanie Sykes has pulled off the amazing achievement of being even more dreadful than that skank Suzi Perry used to be.

There were no parc ferme interviews and there was the strange sight of seeing Neil Hodgson in the background interviewing riders on the grid in BT Sport garb but they didn't actually show the interview. Presumably they spent so much on buying the rights they didn't have anything left to take a camera with them.

Makes me pleased I downloaded a hooky HD copy after it had finished.

I'm not sure she's any less qualified to do the pitlane stuff than Matt Roberts was, so where's the problem?

Erm...he was on several teams press squads for years before he moved to the Beeb so infinitely more qualified than a past it glamour model!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom