Mouldy soft top

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dancoll

Car
Mercedes CLK 320 convertible
Hi,
I have a 1999 CLK cabriolet that has a mouldy soft top, can anybody advise what product would be best to buy to inhibit the mildew.
Thanks, Dancoll.

Renovo. 3 products - cleaner (stiff scrubbing brush required), colourant then waterproofer. Made a superb job of my 968 cab 3 years ago! Colourant is a PITA - mask up everything, it's thinner than water and gets everywhere, need to clean spills immediately, it's a bugger to get off the paint/glass when it's dry (aask me how I know!!). Plus read the instructions and DO NOT fold the hood for at least 24 hours after treatment or you'll get lighter coloured crease lines (again, ask me how I know!!).

Not sure about colour removal but Miltons baby steriliser tablets work wonders for mildew and mould on material. Hasn't faded anything I have tried it on.

I had a very badly stained soft top and auto glym and renovo kits wouldn't touch it so I gave it a few light sweeps with a jet wasjh and its come up like new.

Hoover the roof first then wash it normally then jet wash it don't get too close and take your time do it in several sweeps letting it dry so you can see where your going.

Worked well. Then I used the autoglym proofer

Thanks for the info/tips, will have a go now we have good weather.

Cheers Dancoll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom