Movies you like with lots of Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

duberalles

Car
W212 E350 CDI Cabriolet
Just saw The Unknown, very nice thriller with some great actors and lots of E Class Mercs, what's not to like.

Unknown (2011) - IMDb

PS - Why oh why did they drop the single wiper blade system. Looks so cool and innovative and reminds me of the Mercs my dad has when I was a kid. I was so proud, especially when it was raining. :)

Last edited:
Apparently the single wiper was discontinued because German drivers complained they tended to lift at speed and didn't clear the screen properly. I'm with you though, memories of my childhood. I was disappointed my MB didn't have the single blade.

My film choice is Ronin :thumb:

Cult movie choice is "C'était un rendez-vous" classic!!

Rendezvous (1976) - IMDb

Yes, I remember crashing in a 190 back in 1991 when the driver lost all visibility of the road due to a sudden mud splash that the single wiper could not clear quick enough...

Apparently the single wiper was discontinued because German drivers complained they tended to lift at speed and didn't clear the screen properly. I'm with you though, memories of my childhood. I was disappointed my MB didn't have the single blade.

My film choice is Ronin :thumb:

Cult movie choice is "C'était un rendez-vous" classic!!

Rendezvous (1976) - IMDb

RONIN
Ronin really was a masterpiece, especially as all the car scenes were filmed in real time by professional drivers hidden in the back or passenger seats and de Niro driving with a dummy wheel. So they were UK right hand drive cars if I remember right. Frankenheimer was obsessed with accurate car chases.

C'Etait un Rendezvous
LeLouche's film is indeed a classic. I lived in Paris many years and drove this same route many times to Sacre Coeur, avoiding pidgeons and pedestrians in a similar manner. The cobble stones made for great over steer moments - alas no pretty damsel at the end though.

Last edited:
If you don't mind French films, try "Taxi".
YouTube - Mercedes W124 500E scenes from Taxi movie

Great clips, actually a fantanstic French light comedy action movie - not your usual verbose Frenchie stuff. The W124 really was a superb car. My only problem with Taxi was I rooting for the bad guys in the Mercs not the Taxi in his Poogeot (not a typo). :devil:

the peacekeeper has
george cloony going around in a Silver 140 smashing up far far inferior 3/5 series......... awesome

PS - Why oh why did they drop the single wiper blade system. Looks so cool and innovative and reminds me of the Mercs my dad has when I was a kid. I was so proud, especially when it was raining. :)

Is it due to regulations for the minimum % of screen able to be wiped?

the peacekeeper has
george cloony going around in a Silver 140 smashing up far far inferior 3/5 series......... awesome

I remember that but you can`t beat TAXI :thumb:

Is it due to regulations for the minimum % of screen able to be wiped?

I still think a one blade could have been fine. Imagine if they'd stuck with it and we now had a 9th generation single blade system running so fast you couldn't even see it wipe and the pivot cleaning 99% of the screen. If you abandon it at first attempt it's normal it won't meet the latest namby pamby laws.

I wonder what the percentage wiped on an E Type would be or something even older? How much time to we spend looking out of the edges of the windscreen. Seems like a silly concern, legislation by numbers not sense.

The Hangover had the awesome droptop.
The Rookie had that SL500 they drive off the top floor at the end.

I have to say that the single wiper on my CLK clears pretty much ALL of the screen , bar a small strip that is behind the sunstrip anyway ...

the hangover scenes where they destroy the cabrio almost totally was so hurtful i tell u that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom