MP40 player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Margaret 207

Car
CLK230 Kompressor / CLK320 Elegance
Please help!!! Just got Mercedes MP40 player delivered - all the way from Germany and I can't get it to work. I am replacing a faulty cd changer and this seemed perfect as you just unplug the cd changer and plug this in in its place. Sounded wonderful - works with the steering wheel controls and read lots of good posts on various forums about these things. I have a clk230 cabriolet W208 year 2000 with Audio 10 cc. I don't have a phone or anything else connected so I really don't know what else to try. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

maybe it is faulty? or somehow managed to damage the fiber? does the light still flicker on the fiber end?
does the unit appear to have power? any signs of life?
try it on someone else's car perhaps?
or, you may need to get the vehicle on STAR

The fibre optic cable lights up red when the ignition is switched on so I assumed it was ok. unfortunately the unit does not have any lights so it doesn't show any signs of life. There's no way of knowing if it's faulty really. Will try emailing the supplier but as my German is non-existent I'm not holding out much hope. would an auto electrician be able to diagnose problem like this?

bite the bullet and get a auto electrician to have a look at it,or drive to there place of business,it might be cheaper as it might only be a quick job

Thanks. At least I will know then whether the unit is faulty. At least if it is I can send it back and hopefully get a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom