mpg comparison

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ferg f

Car
C63 Coupe and GLE
Quick question to e250 owner's, car was delivered about six weeks ago now and clocked up 1800 miles which has returned 44 mpg. Seems good to me and better than expected considering the engine will still be tight.

How does that compare to others?

My C220 sport plus 2012 now with 17k averages 42mpg around the IOW mainly short journeys, have seen 58mpg on mainland runs to Ascot M27 M3

Would some one post up real world figures on the e320dci estate IL6 with auto box as I am taking delivery tomorrow and am just too excited to wait!

Would some one post up real world figures on the e320dci estate IL6 with auto box as I am taking delivery tomorrow and am just too excited to wait!

Think that's the same engine and gearbox as my old CLS and it wasr returning about 36 mpg combined. On a run mid 40's.

That's pretty good for starters.

My two week old (1700 miles) C250 Bluetec has returned about 49mpg overall with the highest being 62 on a good run to Southampton. All figs taken from OBC.

Pleased with that so far as it'll improve when it loosens up and also when I have my telematics fitted

Just done 1000 miles in my e220 bluetech and its averaging 40 mpg. I think that's pretty poor bearing in mind I do mainly motorway miles. Doesn't show more than 50 on the bar chart even at a constant 50mph in road works!!

Ok just collected my fabulous E320cdi estate. On the 150 mile trip home it returned 44 mpg so very pleased with that.

And hell WHAT A CAR!:thumb:

My e220 estate shows just over 50 on the display, but on filling the car it works out at about 47

By way of comparison, I have an E250, but the petrol version (2 ltr turbo), and I average 30 mpg but mainly on short journeys at the moment. I did do a Woking to Newcastle 600 mile round trip a few months ago and averaged 38 mpg.

I think I will try and use sport mode for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference. Anyone know how to make sport mode the default setting so I don't have to keep changing on start up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom