Mr Angry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Yep, thats me.
Rather annoyed to say the least to find a broken rear light lens this morning as I was giving the car a wash. It could only have been done when I parked in a side road last Sunday for a few hours and left after dark. It really make my p*** boil that someone could do this and drive off leaving no details.
They must have known.
Fortunately zero body work damage, not even a mark but a new lens now on order through eBay.

Edit.......Apologies for the huge image. Not stored like that on my PC?

Attachments

• 20170922_111424[1].jpg
    20170922_111424[1].jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 79
Can't see the attachments mate

Yep, thats me.
Rather annoyed to say the least to find a broken rear light lens this morning as I was giving the car a wash. It could only have been done when I parked in a side road last Sunday for a few hours and left after dark. It really make my p*** boil that someone could do this and drive off leaving no details.
They must have known.
Fortunately zero body work damage, not even a mark but a new lens now on order through eBay.

Edit.......Apologies for the huge image. Not stored like that on my PC?

Ouch .. it's good that no bodywork damage but I do feel your pain...

Some people really are scumbags...

Are you sure the new light your getting on eBay has no scratches/marks etc as breakers often think as long as the light works it's fine.. but we are more fussy than that ;)

I ended up getting mine off ECP due to that. Hella branded as OEM

Abs

Can't see the attachments mate

I was probably editing the post at the time Bob.
It's visible now but not much to see with some duck tape covering the hole up.

I'm getting a new one Abs.
Ah okay that's good. Should be easy enough to do , why didn't you use this as an opportunity to fit Facelift clusters ;)

Could be a coincidence but I've seen at least 3 or 4 e classes with broken tail lights in exactly the same place (my brother in laws one included!)

Noooooooooooooooo!! How much did you get a replacement for Roger?

I bet yours is cheaper.:wallbash:
£47 Gav

Sorry to hear this Roger. I'd be annoyed too. Bet you can't wait to get the new one fitted.

Sorry to hear this Roger. I'd be annoyed too. Bet you can't wait to get the new one fitted.

I will Ant. Don't like seeing cracked or broken light lens. Hoping there is no heavy rain before the new one arrives.

No the LED 's are 06> I believe.
The one I ordered was to fit an 02 -06

I dont know for sure Roger, One of my suppliers are listing LED for Avantgarde e55 only, Classic/elegance Normal bulbs, they maybe wrong. will have a look tomorrow bud.

Mercedes Benz E Class W211 Saloon Classic / Elegance 6/2002-6/2006 Rear Tail Light Clear Indicator Non-Led Type Drivers Side O/S
LL8832.jpg

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE zoom_in
LL8832.jpg

This is the one I have ordered. Says non LED and the lens looks the same?

Looks like I'll have to take the lens off to double check.
Every LED one I look at and check for compatability for an 04 E55 the computer says no:dk:

Looks like I'll have to take the lens off to double check.
Every LED one I look at and check for compatability for an 04 E55 the computer says no:dk:
I don't think yours is LED Roger. But I'm not that familiar with e class.

£47 is cheap. My Clk rear cluster was £97 :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom