Mudflaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Hi all-I want to get some mudflaps for my pre-facelift W202/c class. I have seen some here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/W202-MERCEDES...596933068QQcategoryZ10398QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I cant see a problem with the rear ones as they attach to a plastic bumper, but are the front ones likely to cause rusting of the front wings in the long term? Anyone with any experince of this? Also, how do they actually atttach to the front wings? Do they clamp onto the metal?

U get spring clips to attach the flaps onto the bodywork/nmetal area (in addition to screws that have to be drilled onto the arch lining area...) - They certainly WILL NOT cause any rust as you would not be drilling into any of the metal bodywork...

reflexboy said:
Hi all-I want to get some mudflaps for my pre-facelift W202/c class. I have seen some here:

I've seen that vendor, description is
MANUFACTURED BY APPROVED SUPPLIER TO BMW NISSAN MERCEDES HONDA ETC.
which makes me (nasty suspicious person) suspect they're not original M-B parts.

You might also want to check with your local parts dept. - many genuine M-B parts sold on eBay are more expensive than buying them over the counter (alloy pedals, valve covers, etc) ... plus postage on top.

About £20 a pair from the dealers.At least you know they are going to fit.

Looks like I will be off the the stealers then!
Just one thing-if the front flaps attach with spring clips to the wing and screws to the plastic arch liners, then surely the metal spring clips, in time will rub on the metal surface of the wing and break through the paint causing rust?

Anyone know? Re:the post above?

reflexboy said:
Looks like I will be off the the stealers then!
Just one thing-if the front flaps attach with spring clips to the wing and screws to the plastic arch liners, then surely the metal spring clips, in time will rub on the metal surface of the wing and break through the paint causing rust?

I used to own a W126 which I kept for a while and was in kept in the family from brand new before I sold it - the spring clips fixing the flaps onto the metal body/paintwork taht were fitted on the PDI never cuased any rust what so ever. The longest period that I kept any of my W203s was 2 years (from brand new) and never noticed any rust in that period....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom