Multi car policy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
Just bought replacement car to ready for when the SLK goes back. SLK goes back in April, but the new car was the right model/right deal/etc. so it can sit in the garage for a couple of months. It will probably get a run out every 2 or 3 weeks just to give it some excercise. When it is in use, the SLK will sit at home.

We have a multi-car policy which has worked well for us & sons for the last 3 or 4 years. It currently has 6 months to run. For the new car we have no NCD to apply as it is still applied to the SLK. Self & SWMBO both have clean licences & tons of NCD on our other vehicles.

Just logged into our multi-car insurance policy (well known Norwich based insurer) to add the new car and they want £316 to add it for the remaining 6 months of the policy.

Though that was a bit steep so I tried confused for a quote for a stand alone policy, which could be perhaps cancelled in April. The best price they have come up with is £288 with a lower excess and guaranteed courtesey car which isn't in the other price - and thats for 12 months
Should I be loyal to our current insurer?:doh::dk:

What's the penalty for cancelling your current insurance and does it matter that by cancelling you won't complete this years NCB period?

Would matter to the son currently on the policy.
At last renewal it was touch & go with him as he is starting to get sensible money quotes on his own. End of this year he will be 24 and have 6 years NCD (hopefully).

We have had the policy to help keep prices down for them (older one now has company car so is no longer affected). Each year it's been slightly more expensive for the SLK but cheaper for my L200

Phone call to that Norwich based insurer this morning resulted in a revised quote of £110:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom