Multifunction Telephony retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ady

Car
E 220d Estate
Hi,

I have a new E class estate on order with the wireless charging option. I will have the external telephone aerial as part of the Remote Parking package but I now see that for the phone to connect to the external aerial I should have ordered the multifunction telephony option and not the wireless charging option.
I thought I had ticked all the boxes to get every option but missed that one. The car is due in the country on the 21st so it is too late to change the order.

Does anyone know if the ability for the phone to use the external aerial can be retrofitted?

Thanks,
Adrian.

Do you know the VIN? It will be possible if looms available, which they probably are ..

I'm just about to retrofit the telephony option to my GLC

R

Hi Richard,

I don't know the VIN yet as not getting the car until the 29th.
If the looms are there is it just a new module?
Does it replace the wireless charging parts or is it an additional unit?
Any information on what it requires based on your upgrade would be very much appreciated.

Hi Richard,

I don't know the VIN yet as not getting the car until the 29th.
If the looms are there is it just a new module?
Does it replace the wireless charging parts or is it an additional unit?
Any information on what it requires based on your upgrade would be very much appreciated.

Ady - really need the VIN for that. Dealer will already know it as its in build already

Will need some changes to looms and new parts in the centre console, and of course the additional antenna wiring and possibly a splitter of some sort

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard. Sounds like it is a bit too much for me to tackle on a brand new car. I was hoping it might just be a new module or two that could be plugged in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom